Walther Rebate

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Pariah3j
Posts in topic: 9

Re: Walther Rebate

Post by Pariah3j »

jason812 wrote:
Pariah3j wrote:Drat... unfortunately, I don't qualify for any of those... Guess I'm not saving 100 bucks ... :grumble
I believe Scott B. is referencing LE pricing at a local shop/source. You can get the mail in rebate from Walther.

The Walther LE Edition PPS has some extra goodies and is available for the public.
I was talking about the 100 bucks price difference he quoted vs what I'm seeing ... still a good deal with the 100 dollar mail in rebate. Been wanting a PPS to go with my PPQ for some time, so probably going to jump on this one either way. Just thought if I could get Scott's price it'd be that much better off :biggrinjester:
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny" - Thomas Jefferson

Soccerdad1995
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

Pariah3j wrote:
jason812 wrote:
Pariah3j wrote:Drat... unfortunately, I don't qualify for any of those... Guess I'm not saving 100 bucks ... :grumble
I believe Scott B. is referencing LE pricing at a local shop/source. You can get the mail in rebate from Walther.

The Walther LE Edition PPS has some extra goodies and is available for the public.
I was talking about the 100 bucks price difference he quoted vs what I'm seeing ... still a good deal with the 100 dollar mail in rebate. Been wanting a PPS to go with my PPQ for some time, so probably going to jump on this one either way. Just thought if I could get Scott's price it'd be that much better off :biggrinjester:
You can still save some money by shopping around. Buds has the basic PPS for $399 right now. You need to pay the FFL fee, but Buds won't charge you for shipping and won't collect sales tax from you. If this turns out like what we saw for the Shield rebate, there may be some good prices offered by PSA and others soon.

jason812
Posts in topic: 3

Post by jason812 »

Pariah3j wrote:
jason812 wrote:

Gotcha...

I'm debating whether I can use this for a used PPQ M1 .40 to go along with my P99, PPS, & P22. Want the paddle mag release plus the mags are compatible with the P99.
In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacy, it is necessary to act outside the law to pursue a natural justice.

Pariah3j

Post by Pariah3j »

I love paddle mag releases, but like the grip of the PPS M2 so probably just going to 'suffer' with the standard mag release. :lol:
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny" - Thomas Jefferson

Pariah3j

Post by Pariah3j »

Anyone know of any good FFL dealers to ship to on the South East side of Houston (Friendswood/Webster area)?

Pariah3j

Post by Pariah3j »

PPS M2 Ordered, ended up going through https://www.gunbuyer.com/ - I found a local FFL that does $15 Transfers for CHL/LTC holders.
:woohoo

Topic author
Scott B.
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Scott B. »

Pariah3j wrote:I love paddle mag releases, but like the grip of the PPS M2 so probably just going to 'suffer' with the standard mag release. :lol:
I'm also a paddle release fan. Found them very intuitive to use.
LTC / SSC Instructor. NRA - Instructor, CRSO, Life Member.
Sig pistol/rifle & Glock armorer | FFL 07/02 SOT

Soccerdad1995
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

I'm having a bit of a conundrum. I got the 5 inch PPQ model and am planning to use it for IDPA (that thing is amazingly accurate). But that means I need to get 2 more magazines. The best price I have found on the mags is $40 each, plus shipping. So I could spend $85 or so and get those.

Or, I could spend $425 after rebate and get the same 2 mags along with a brand new 4 inch PPQ model. Net incremental cost would be $340 or so for the new gun. And I might always decide that I want to put the 4 inch model into my carry rotation.

What to do, what to do........

Pariah3j

Post by Pariah3j »

Soccerdad1995 wrote:I'm having a bit of a conundrum. I got the 5 inch PPQ model and am planning to use it for IDPA (that thing is amazingly accurate). But that means I need to get 2 more magazines. The best price I have found on the mags is $40 each, plus shipping. So I could spend $85 or so and get those.

Or, I could spend $425 after rebate and get the same 2 mags along with a brand new 4 inch PPQ model. Net incremental cost would be $340 or so for the new gun. And I might always decide that I want to put the 4 inch model into my carry rotation.

Is your PPQ 5inch the M1 or M2 style? Maybe you can justify another one by getting the opposite one :biggrinjester:

Personally I love my PPQ 4" and it carries well. Though my new PPS is also a great shooter and alot more concealable so it may not get as much time in the rotation for a while.

GeekwithaGun
Posts in topic: 1

Post by GeekwithaGun »

Soccerdad1995 wrote:I'm having a bit of a conundrum. I got the 5 inch PPQ model and am planning to use it for IDPA (that thing is amazingly accurate). But that means I need to get 2 more magazines. The best price I have found on the mags is $40 each, plus shipping. So I could spend $85 or so and get those.

Not sure if the mag's are the same, but Grabagun.com has PPQ M2 mags on sales for 29.99 each. 15rd 9mm
NRA Life Member

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”