How Concealed do You have to be at work?

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Jeff B.
Posts in topic: 1

Re: How Concealed do You have to be at work?

Post by Jeff B. »

The company I work for has policies that make carrying or having a weapon on premise against the rules. There is no mention of any rule against carrying when you are in your own vehicle traveling to or from companies business (Customer Calls, etc.) which is what I do. I have a nice safe in the truck and lock what I'm carrying up when going into HQ or customer sites.

Jeff B.
Don’t ever let someone get away with telling you that no one wants to take your guns. - Joe Huffman

gljjt
Posts in topic: 2

Post by gljjt »

I work for a state agency. Open carry or concealed carry is ok except for those in uniform or issued duty weapons. I conceal carry by choice.

Flightmare

Post by Flightmare »

And then there is this guy....

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/local/busines ... /152623311
“A lot of my clients are high fiving when they hear this. They think it's the best things for a company to mandate gun ownership and be responsible,” he said.
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

Jusme

Post by Jusme »

Flightmare wrote:And then there is this guy....

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/local/busines ... /152623311
“A lot of my clients are high fiving when they hear this. They think it's the best things for a company to mandate gun ownership and be responsible,” he said.

Yeah I guess he didn't get the memo from the guy in Houston, about how bad his image will be. :biggrinjester:

https://texaschlforum.com/viewtopic.php ... 0#p1161078
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

strogg

Post by strogg »

Unfortunately, my company got the memo. If I carry, it'll have to be so concealed that no one will ever see it. Not only is it barred by company policy, they have 30.06/30.07 signs at the door. Uber defenseless. Fortunately, I don't exactly work out of the office, so I can carry as openly as I want, and no one can complain. If I ever need to go to the office, though, it just stays in the car. Fortunately, it's been over a couple months since I last had to go in.

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

gljjt wrote:I work for a state agency. Open carry or concealed carry is ok except for those in uniform or issued duty weapons. I conceal carry by choice.
Are you aware of any non-commissioned employees that open carry while working?
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

nimravus01

Post by nimravus01 »

I work for a bail bondsman, and open carry is encouraged. I have to disarm when going into the jails/court houses though.

AJSully421

Post by AJSully421 »

I am a self-employed independent life & health insurance agent. My carry policy is whatever I want for it to be. That being said, 98% of the time, I meet with clients in their home, and rarely at a restaurant or coffee house, or at their work. I conceal all the time.

Most of the time, I am meeting with good Right-wing folks from the western half of DFW. Occasionally, I will get a lead in the East side of Fort Worth.

There have been 3-4 times that OCing a pistol would have cost me a sale. Added up over several years, that could have cost me $6,000 - 7,000.
"The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." - Ronald Reagan, 1964

30.06 signs only make criminals and terrorists safer.

NRA, LTC, School Safety, Armed Security, & Body Guard Instructor

gljjt

Post by gljjt »

mojo84 wrote:
gljjt wrote:I work for a state agency. Open carry or concealed carry is ok except for those in uniform or issued duty weapons. I conceal carry by choice.
Are you aware of any non-commissioned employees that open carry while working?
Yes.

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”