Bond Arns Bullpup

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
Overthehill
Posts in topic: 2

Bond Arns Bullpup

Post by Overthehill »

Granted that a Sig 938 is not actually a 1911 I am though, in this post, considering it as one, making all my carry guns 1911's (actually every handgun I own except for a 1972 model Rugeer Blackhawk converted from .357 to .38 Super). Went off my rocker the other day and ordered the Bond Bullpup (formerly Boberg xr9-s). Please strive to send good thoughts this way while I struggle through this mental hiccup which has invaded my mental stability.

JRG
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Bond Arns Bullpup

Post by JRG »

Welcome to the bleeding edge. Hopefully it will indeed be a great purchase for you!!

Joe

karder
Posts in topic: 1

Post by karder »

I think those Bullpups look intriguing. I'll be interested in your impressions.
“While the people are virtuous they cannot be subdued; but when once they lose their virtue then will be ready to surrender their liberties to the first external or internal invader.” ― Samuel Adams

Topic author
Overthehill
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Overthehill »

New Bullpup arrived a few days ago and have put a 50 rounds downrange on one session and another 50 rounds two days later, with a few rounds in between eliminating some excess tomatoes from the icebox which were getting a little long in the tooth. Had a lady who carries a Glock 42 also give the Bullpup a try. My impressions, as a single action shooter, are that for a double action only trigger it is smooth with a long pull to discharge. Actually not a bad trigger for the type. Has fired reliably with no hiccups through the first 100+ rounds and shot well and consistently to point of aim. Grip is a little finicky as it will bark the bottom joint on your thumb if gripped as it comes to hand naturally, that is to say high up against the "beavertail" which is actually the end of the upper frame. Long reach from grip to trigger but not anything a little time adjusting to does not fix and was no problem even for the lady. The Glock 42 lady loved the trigger and shot well with the Bullpup and actually liked it quite a bit. For some reason the weapon actually feels lighter when holstered than my Sig 938 does and carries and conceals quite well. All in all seems to be quite well built, in keeping with the Bond reputation, and the wooden grips work admirably in controlling the weapon. Downsides are that it does not lock the slide back after the last round, although you can lock it back manually if you wish, and that magazines do not fall out on their own weight and must be pulled out by hand. Disassembly is fairly simple as is reassembly. Will get a few hundred more rounds downrange in the near future and see how things progress. Not giving up my 1911's though for 99% of the time.

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”