my first CZ

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

n5wmk
Posts in topic: 1

Re: my first CZ

Post by n5wmk »

Welcome to the CZ club! Really good firearms.

If you're a Facebook person, check into (or Czech into :lol: ) the CZ Firearms Owners Group. Nice helpful group of people, and like this forum, they don't allow abusive posts.

If you want to improve your 75, look into Cajun Gun Works or CZ Customs. I've had my 97BD (.45 ACP) improved with a CGW trigger kit. SA is now about 2.5 lbs and breaks like glass, with a 2.5mm reset.

I also have an 85 Combat in 9mm. The only mods to it I've done myself - a fiber optic front sight, and a zero clearance barrel bushing. This is the best shooting 9mm handgun that I've ever shot. It's way more accurate than I'm capable of shooting.

Sunday, my son surprised me and bought me a CZ 712 - 12 gauge semi auto shotgun. He found it on deep discount at Gander Mountain in Frisco - $309. I haven't got to put my hands on it yet, just a couple of photos from him. I can't wait to take that out and break it in.

The downside to CZ firearms are they're addicting. Like potato chips, you can't stop with just one!
EDC CZ 2075 RAMI
NRA Benefactor Life Member
USAF 1972-1980
Texas A&M -1980-1984

skeathley
Posts in topic: 2

Post by skeathley »

I read an interesting article about the CZ factory. When they get in stock rifle barrels, they are delivered on skids, with the bores undersized. They store them in a parking lot, where they can be rained on. When they have a light crust of rust, they bring them in, grind off the rust, over-bore them, send them to production. They say that the chemical process of rusting makes the steel stronger. Clever Czechs.

Besides pistols, CZ is a major player in competition .22 rifles.

:thewave
Texas LTC Instructor / RSO / SSC
Viet Nam Veteran: 25th Infantry, Cu Chi
https://mckinneyfirearmstraining.com

Topic author
aaangel
Posts in topic: 7

Post by aaangel »

n5wmk wrote:Welcome to the CZ club! Really good firearms.
If you want to improve your 75, look into Cajun Gun Works or CZ Customs. I've had my 97BD (.45 ACP) improved with a CGW trigger kit. SA is now about 2.5 lbs and breaks like glass, with a 2.5mm reset.
ill definitely will look into the pro package later on. thanks!
'got to Texas ASAIC.

MechAg94
Posts in topic: 1

Post by MechAg94 »

I doubt this will be your last CZ. If you get a chance to shoot the SP01, you will like it.

QB
Posts in topic: 3

Re: my first(of many) CZ

Post by QB »

aaangel wrote:
QB wrote:Great looking green P01......and those grips pictured are fabulous!!!! Congratulations on your purchase.
thank you my friend! do you still have the RAMI? I think that's my next one.
Well you know how I am........so of course I don't have the RAMI BD anymore. I sure regret selling it though and recently thought about repurchasing one :shock: Unfortunately I recently picked up a couple of FN Five Sevens, PS90s, FS2000s and a Ruger bolt rifle so any more purchases are going to have to wait.... :mrgreen:

I do love CZ pistols and the P01 always felt great in my hand, fit perfectly.
"You may find me one day dead in a ditch somewhere. But by God, you'll find me in a pile of brass."~~ Tpr. M. Padgett

Topic author
aaangel
Posts in topic: 7

Post by aaangel »

WOW! no wonder FN stocks are way up! well you know who to call first, when you decide to sell one of those 5.7 :lol:
'got to Texas ASAIC.

QB
Posts in topic: 3

Post by QB »

I am selling one or two of my FS2000s but both 5.7s are secure for now since I have a bunch of subsonic to shoot out of one of them (it's a shame ammo costs more than the guns these days)!!!!
"You may find me one day dead in a ditch somewhere. But by God, you'll find me in a pile of brass."~~ Tpr. M. Padgett

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”