Safariland quick locking system?

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
cmgee67
Posts in topic: 1

Safariland quick locking system?

Post by cmgee67 »

Anybody ever used it? I've got a safariland 7TS ALS holster I love but would like to be able to take it off quickly if I can't carry. This would allow me to unsnap and leave the mount on my belt then put the gun back on when I can carry again. That way I'm not having to deal with taking my belt on and off to get the gun on and off

jkurtz

Re: Safariland quick locking system?

Post by jkurtz »

I have and use one. I like it and have no complaints. Anything specific you would like to know?

oljames3

Re: Safariland quick locking system?

Post by oljames3 »

cmgee67 wrote:Anybody ever used it? I've got a safariland 7TS ALS holster I love but would like to be able to take it off quickly if I can't carry. This would allow me to unsnap and leave the mount on my belt then put the gun back on when I can carry again. That way I'm not having to deal with taking my belt on and off to get the gun on and off
My pistol lives in its Safariland 7TS ALS (7378), coming out only for training, shooting, and cleaning.

I bought my S&W M&P Mod 2.0 9mm 5 inch to carry openly in a retention holster. I chose the Safariland 7TS ALS (7378), with Guard, and the QLS 22L. I wanted to be able to don and dof my ALS holster at least as easily has I could with my paddle holsters. The QLS is easier to use than my paddles holsters.

The QLS 22L receiver has locking studs that the QLS 22 receiver does not. Using the QLS 22, I can remove the holster with one hand while wearing it. The QLS 22L takes both hands. Thus, the QLS 22L is more secure.

The standard Safariland belt slide that I got with my 7378 ALS worked well with my Walmart belt but not my Kore Trakline Gun Belt. https://www.koreessentials.com/collections/gun-belts

The Kore is 1/4 inch thick and too stiff to easily slide on the standard slide. I use the 565BL from Holster Ops. The Kore is a good compromise between a dress belt and a full-blown ubergunbelt. https://holsterops.com/products/rogers- ... ant-option

Understand, I bought the ALS and QLS specifically to carry openly. This set-up adds at least 1/4 inch of space between the belt and the holster. My pistol is difficult to conceal at best. In the ALS/QLS it is almost impossible. That is fine with me.

Here is my set up.
QLS 22L receiver mounted on 565BL slide and QLS fork mounted on the ALS holster.

This shows the side of the belt slide that goes next to you. The curve of the slide allows for thick, stiff belts. Works best for me at 2:30 to 3:30.

This side view shows the spacing the QLS adds between the belt slide and holster.
O. Lee James, III Captain, US Army (Retired 2012), Honorable Order of St. Barbara
2/19FA, 1st Cavalry Division 73-78; 56FA BDE (Pershing) 78-81
NRA, NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Instructor, Rangemaster Certified, GOA, TSRA, NAR L1

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”