Glock 19's..... they multiply!

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
cmgee67
Posts in topic: 3

Glock 19's..... they multiply!

Post by cmgee67 »

I have been wanting to pick up another Glock 19 and I wanted it to be a gen 4 to replace my gen 3 in the carry rotation and move the gen 3 to bedside/ranch gun. Well a buddy of mine had one he wanted to let go with about 400 rounds through it and said he'd let it go to me for 450$. I couldn't say DEAL fast enough. It already has vickers fiber optic front blacked out rear sights installed which is what I would have slapped on it immediately had i bought it brand new. I don't replace anything on a glock Except the sights. And two of the 3 mags he gave me came with the vickers base plates. I never run into deals like that. But prayer and patience pays off!

carlson1
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Glock 19's..... they multiply!

Post by carlson1 »

Sounds like you did good. That is a good friend.

MadMonkey
Posts in topic: 2

Post by MadMonkey »

They really do. A few months ago a good friend who isn't even a gun guy randomly gave me a 19 frame for some work I did. Over time I accumulated the cheapest parts I could find and ended up getting it completed for well under half the price of a new one.
“Beware the fury of a patient man.” - John Dryden

Topic author
cmgee67

Post by cmgee67 »

They are great guns! Once you get one Glock you can't seem to only own one.

WTR
Banned

Post by WTR »

cmgee67 wrote:They are great guns! Once you get one Glock you can't seem to only own one.

Why do you need more than one boat anchor? :evil2:

JTWPlano

Post by JTWPlano »

My gen4 G17 fits my hand perfectly, with the standard backstrap. The gen 3 and 4 G19 models don't feel right in my hand though. The grips are too stumpy and my fingers don't line up in the finger grooves correctly. That's actually part of the reason I went with a CZ carry pistol, since the G19 is the equivalent size, caliber, and capacity of Glock... the CZ fits my hand better. I'm hopeful that the new gen 5 without finger grooves might fit my hand better. I know some people just sand the finger grooves off of their Glocks, but I'm not really into mangling my firearms like that.

Bitter Clinger
Banned

Post by Bitter Clinger »

JTWPlano wrote:My gen4 G17 fits my hand perfectly, with the standard backstrap. The gen 3 and 4 G19 models don't feel right in my hand though. The grips are too stumpy and my fingers don't line up in the finger grooves correctly. That's actually part of the reason I went with a CZ carry pistol, since the G19 is the equivalent size, caliber, and capacity of Glock... the CZ fits my hand better. I'm hopeful that the new gen 5 without finger grooves might fit my hand better. I know some people just sand the finger grooves off of their Glocks, but I'm not really into mangling my firearms like that.
Hardly mangled. G17 with grip stipling, finger guard undercut, finger groove removal, etc. Don't knock it 'till you try it.

"You may all go to H3ll, and I will go to Texas." - Davy Crockett
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything." - Wyatt Earp
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

MadMonkey

Post by MadMonkey »

WTR wrote:
cmgee67 wrote:They are great guns! Once you get one Glock you can't seem to only own one.

He said Glock, not 1911 :totap:
“Beware the fury of a patient man.” - John Dryden

JTWPlano

Post by JTWPlano »

Bitter Clinger wrote:Hardly mangled. G17 with grip stipling, finger guard undercut, finger groove removal, etc. Don't knock it 'till you try it.

That actually looks like a really nice job. That is (or was :lol: ) a gen 3 G17? It looks professional. Did you have someone local do that for you?

Topic author
cmgee67

Post by cmgee67 »

MadMonkey wrote:
WTR wrote:

:lol:

WTR
Banned

Post by WTR »

cmgee67 wrote:
MadMonkey wrote:
WTR wrote:

:lol:
You are correct. Those plastic Glocks won't even make a decent boat anchor. "rlol"

WTR
Banned

Post by WTR »

Actually, my little Sis carries a G19 so I wish nothing but the best for them . For Me, I can shoot a Glock well, I just have to think about the Glock. It does not fit me ergonomically . I have too many other pistols that fit me and I don't have to think about when shooting.

Bitter Clinger
Banned

Post by Bitter Clinger »

JTWPlano wrote:
Bitter Clinger wrote:Hardly mangled. G17 with grip stipling, finger guard undercut, finger groove removal, etc. Don't knock it 'till you try it.

That actually looks like a really nice job. That is (or was :lol: ) a gen 3 G17? It looks professional. Did you have someone local do that for you?
Yes, good eye. It is the Vickers low speed, high drag Gen 3 model :biggrinjester:

Someone on this forum directed me to this guy:
Facebook: STIPPGRIPS OFFICIAL
Instagram: @STIPPGRIPS
email: stippgripps@gmail.com

He had a 6 week+ backlog when I contacted him in May. Someone else on this forum had recommended him. I drove down to Hillsboro to meet him and it was worth it 'cause we got to discuss exactly what I wanted and see & hold real life examples. I went for the "Presidential Micro Dot Velvet" package. :mrgreen:
"You may all go to H3ll, and I will go to Texas." - Davy Crockett
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything." - Wyatt Earp
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”