Sarsilmaz 9mm -Academy Hancer 2000 CZ clone? Range report

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
puma guy
Posts in topic: 5

Sarsilmaz 9mm -Academy Hancer 2000 CZ clone? Range report

Post by puma guy »

I ran across this pistol at a local pawn shop and it felt very good in my mitt. Solidly made of all forged steel from what I was able to learn. I did a little research and went back a couple of days later and it was marked down to $249. I did a little bargaining with them and got it for $225 drive out price after I pointed out a couple of rust spots just inside the muzzle. They were surface rust and disappeared with brushing. It's 9mm Parabellum , Double action, 3-5/8" Bbl, double stack 13 round magazine. Weighs 34 oz. with empty mag in place. SA trigger pull feels good with some take-up. DA is far more though I can't find my trigger scale to measure the pulls. Square notch rear with squared front blade, three dot sight. These were made by Sarsilmaz in Turkey for and imported by Academy Sports. I think around 2004-2007 or 8. It has Academy,Ltd Katy,TX on the right side of the frame and Sarsilmaz on the left side. Slide is marked Hancer 2000 on the left side and Cal 9X19 barrel stamp visible through the ejection port. Empty magazine catch, left side thumb safety and slide release. Easy take down. The pistol is very clean with barely any visible wear. If it performs and shoots well it may be my truck pistol.
I have read these pistols are copies of Tanfoglio a copy of the CZ. I also read they are simply Sarsilmaz's copy of CZ 75's. Also read that Armalite imported a version, AR-24 with a few modifications. When I get it to the range I'll give a report.

Imageimage hosting

Last edited by puma guy on Mon Jul 06, 2020 3:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

Topic author
puma guy

Re: Sarsilmaz 9mm -Academy Hancer 2000 CZ clone? Range report

Post by puma guy »

Took the Hancer 2000 to the range and fired 50 rounds through it. No failures. Shot a few double action, but most shot were single action. I shot 5 round magazine loads for most strings, but I loaded one full magazine with a chambered for a 14 shot string at 50 feet. I thought I took a picture but evidently not. I did take a photo of two 5 shot strings at 30 feet. I like the way this pistol shoots. I think my trigger discipline was a little off after shooting 25 rounds through my Mossberg Shockwave.

Imagepicture sharing
Last edited by puma guy on Mon Jul 06, 2020 2:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Soccerdad1995
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

That gun looks to be about the same size as the CZ 75 Compact, which I really like. Looks like it is a god shooter as well. Hard to beat for $225.

And I envy you on the Shockwave shooting session. The most I have been able to manage is 8 rounds out of mine before getting worried that my hand will start slipping. I am looking to get a mini-shell adaptor for mine.

Topic author
puma guy

Post by puma guy »

Soccerdad1995 wrote:That gun looks to be about the same size as the CZ 75 Compact, which I really like. Looks like it is a god shooter as well. Hard to beat for $225.

And I envy you on the Shockwave shooting session. The most I have been able to manage is 8 rounds out of mine before getting worried that my hand will start slipping. I am looking to get a mini-shell adaptor for mine.
I have an adapter and a box of mini-shell slugs, but the range doesn't allow slugs. I have an advantage! I have very little feeling in my hands, especially the right one. I was pressed for time or I would have spent more time shooting the Hancer.

JRG
Posts in topic: 1

Post by JRG »

puma guy wrote:
Soccerdad1995 wrote:That gun looks to be about the same size as the CZ 75 Compact, which I really like. Looks like it is a god shooter as well. Hard to beat for $225.

I have an adapter and a box of mini-shell slugs, but the range doesn't allow slugs. I have an advantage! I have very little feeling in my hands, especially the right one. I was pressed for time or I would have spent more time shooting the Hancer.
Where do I find the mini shells? They seem to be unobtanium.

Joe

Soccerdad1995
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

JRG wrote:
puma guy wrote:

Joe
I'm having the same issue. Found the adaptor on Amazon, but the mini-shells are out of stock everywhere I look.

Topic author
puma guy

Post by puma guy »

Soccerdad1995 wrote:
JRG wrote:
puma guy wrote:

Joe
I'm having the same issue. Found the adaptor on Amazon, but the mini-shells are out of stock everywhere I look.
I bought mine (slugs) from my LGS. I did find some on line but they were slugs as well. Still looking for the mini-shell buck shot load.

rotor
Posts in topic: 1

Post by rotor »

Topic author
puma guy

Post by puma guy »

This website has Aguila Mini-Shell Buckshot.
https://www.ammofast.com/collections/12 ... -round-box

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”