Help -Sig 1911 trigger

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
Gunner4640
Posts in topic: 6

Help -Sig 1911 trigger

Post by Gunner4640 »

As I said in my other post the owner of my company gave me a brand new Sigg 1911 target pistol I don't like the trigger and it was a solid looking trigger want to change it to a skeleton I watch many videos of it on the Internet but I'm not sure I want to attempt this myself has anyone done this operation on a 1911 trigger ?
I'm pretty good with tools that I have all the tools to do the job just a little bit nervous about it getting to sear and whatever that other pieces back in the right place the rest of it I'm pretty sure I can handle. Any advice would be greatly appreciated thanks
Dave & Wife NRA Members
Too many guns to list> :lol::

Beiruty
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Help -Sig 1911 trigger

Post by Beiruty »

It is not very tough to do. If in doubt get a bud would can walk you through it.
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

Topic author
Gunner4640

Post by Gunner4640 »

I getting the trigger from sig I hope it's going to be the right fit yeah I saw things about fitting if I just a bit worried about 2 little Parts sear and ???
I've done many revolves too bare frame but??!
Dave & Wife NRA Members

Topic author
Gunner4640

Post by Gunner4640 »

Beiruty wrote:It is not very tough to do. If in doubt get a bud would can walk you through it.
Yes that would be nice but I don't know anyone
Dave & Wife NRA Members

Excaliber
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Excaliber »

Simply go to Youtube.com and search for 1911 disassembly and 1911 reassembly. You'll find lots of videos that show you exactly how to do it.

The better ones are by folks like Wilson Combat or Brownell's, but there are good ones by other folks out there too.
Excaliber

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Jeff Cooper
I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of my posts should be construed as legal or professional advice.

Pawpaw
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Pawpaw »

Gunner4640 wrote:I getting the trigger from sig I hope it's going to be the right fit yeah I saw things about fitting if I just a bit worried about 2 little Parts sear and ???
Believe it or not, but replacing a 1911 trigger does not require any changes to the fire control group.

All you might need to fit is the trigger shoe itself, where it slides in the grooves in the frame. I use one of those diamond sharpening "stones".

This one would work fine: https://www.walmart.com/ip/Double-Side- ... /436248345
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

Topic author
Gunner4640

Post by Gunner4640 »

AndyC wrote:
Gunner4640 wrote:I getting the trigger from sig I hope it's going to be the right fit yeah I saw things about fitting if I just a bit worried about 2 little Parts sear and ???
You're not doing anything to the hammer/sear/thumb-safety/etc other than removing and reinstalling them.
I have not be able to find a good example of how the sear goes back in, from what I've seen so far. On YouTube it's no shown that the only part I'm worrying about the fitting polishing I'm good at and have all the tools to do I'll keep looking for videos thanks
Dave & Wife NRA Members

Topic author
Gunner4640

Post by Gunner4640 »

Pawpaw wrote:
Believe it or not, but replacing a 1911 trigger does not require any changes to the fire control group.

All you might need to fit is the trigger shoe itself, where it slides in the grooves in the frame. I use one of those diamond sharpening "stones"
Thanks I'll get one

This one would work fine: https://www.walmart.com/ip/Double-Side- ... /436248345
Dave & Wife NRA Members

Pawpaw
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Pawpaw »

Gunner4640 wrote:I have not be able to find a good example of how the sear goes back in, from what I've seen so far. On YouTube it's no shown that the only part I'm worrying about the fitting polishing I'm good at and have all the tools to do I'll keep looking for videos thanks
This should help, starting about 1:55. I don't think you'll have the series 80 lever to worry about.

Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

Topic author
Gunner4640

Post by Gunner4640 »

Thanks for all the replies. here is another thought ive had. I just dont like the look of a solid trigger my ruger 1911's have nice triggers. I was thinking of just drilling 3 holes in this one to make it a skeleton. Any thoughts on doing that? I have good bits and a center punch. + I can measure with a digital caliper for spacing??
Dave & Wife NRA Members

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”