Older Sig P226 with nickel slide

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
ml1209
Posts in topic: 1

Older Sig P226 with nickel slide

Post by ml1209 »

Saw one at a pawn shop in Houston. The nickel slide has rust spots all over, but no pitting. Insides look to be in good condition, without much wear. They're asking $450 firm. Would this be something you would buy? It comes with one 10-round Sig magazine, no box. This is the older P226 made in W Germany.

Tex1961

Re: Older Sig P226 with nickel slide

Post by Tex1961 »

Well.... Just remember ... You asked..

NO.. I would not buy it... For $450.00 I can get a new Ruger or Smith or any other quality top manufacture firearm... Why would I spend $$ on a used rusty gun...

Nobody can discount Sig quality.. But I personally think most of the expense is in the Name...

Now... that being said.. I'm not the one buying it.. If YOU want the gun and YOU think it's a good deal then buy it and be happy..

I am not a student of Sig firearms so this may be a one in a million deal.. I suggest you do some research on the quality and average resale value on this model...

Soccerdad1995

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

The Sig P226 is a very interesting, and IMHO, underappreciated gun. I have the MK25 model, and traded a standard model a few months ago. The gun rivals my 1911's for accuracy and is extremely reliable. The only negatives are the long trigger reset (fixable for $45 or so), and the large size. Too big for concealed carry, but good size for a nightstand or car gun.

But I say it is underappreciated because the resale value on the 226 tends to be low. A new gun goes for @ $900 or so, but a slightly used model can easily be found for $650 or so if you have some patience. The gun you are asking about is at a lower price point, has some cosmetic issues, and also comes with a unique slide. Net-net, I say that if you like the look of the gun, and you think it can be cleaned up fairly easily, then go for it. It might not be an amazingly good price, but it is also definitely not a bad price for that gun, IMHO.

SigM4

Post by SigM4 »

How certain are you that it's a factory nickel slide?
Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”