Hybrid holsters are JUNK!!!!

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
cmgee67
Posts in topic: 1

Hybrid holsters are JUNK!!!!

Post by cmgee67 »

I don’t think they are junk. In fact I carry 45 shield with crimson trace lasergaurd pro on it in a CROSSBREED hybrid holster and I love it! Been carrying in a hybrid prob 70% of my carry career so far and never had an issue. I thought I’d post this video to see everyone’s responses. The only thing I agree on in the video is a full kydex holster is more secure there’s no way around that.

[video deleted.]

cyphur

Re: Hybrid holsters are JUNK!!!!

Post by cyphur »

Unless I buy a duty-grade retention holster, only thing I expect is that it does not fall out. Haven't had that happen yet. All of my IWB are hybrids.

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

No they're not. I have several and none have the exposed trigger area like he is talking about.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

Wag2323

Post by Wag2323 »

Seems like he used to like the hybrid holster since he used it for two years and then his taste changed so now they are all crap because he doesn't use them.

Tex1961

Post by Tex1961 »

I'm pulling numbers out of the air, but lets say there are 3 million people carrying in a hybrid holster ever day.. That's 365 days per year which means in one single year there are around 100 million instances of firearms being pulled or placed into a hybrid holster... I don't know about you, but I have only heard of a VERY few instances where a firearm discharged inside a holster..

Sorry buddy, but the stats are against you on this...

Liberty

Post by Liberty »

I don't think they are junk. Although I don't own one, I wouldn't be adverse to buying one. All the same though, I find the video interesting and gave me something to consider when I'm shopping around for my next holster.
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

Acronym Esq

Post by Acronym Esq »

cmgee67 wrote:I thought I’d post this video to see everyone’s responses. The only thing I agree on in the video is a full kydex holster is more secure there’s no way around that.
[video deleted.]
I don't know why the video was deleted. It was an interesting video providing solid points to evaluate holsters. The video argued that hybrid holsters are not a good choice because:
- Poor trigger protection
- Restricted access to gun grip
- Poor retention
- Thin kydex cracking
- Metal clips that relax and don't grip the belt tightly
- Difficulty holstering without muzzling self

I think these are fair metrics to use when choosing any holster. I don't see most of those problems with my comp-tac hybrid. I do see a couple of those problems with my alien gear hybrid.

I like John and his videos. I like the points he makes in this video. I just disagree with his conclusion.

acronym 10/24/2017 9:11 AM

K9Texas

Post by K9Texas »

I am very old school, I only carry custom made leather holsters. A plastic holster ? Nope
:patriot: God Bless These United States of America :patriot:

bmwrdr

Post by bmwrdr »

I prefer a good leather holster. There is a break in time but that is the least problem.

:tiphat:
I scarified political correctness to preserve honesty ︻╦̵̵͇̿̿̿̿══╤─

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”