PRE PAID LEGAL

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
K9Texas
Posts in topic: 1

PRE PAID LEGAL

Post by K9Texas »

This is an interesting subject. During my LTC course, some guy came in and gave a sales pitch on pre paid legal service for LTC holders. I didn't sign up however many in the class did. It did however get me to thinking about coverage. I had free legal from the Govt for any shooting situations before I retired. Now that protection is gone. So I am curious what others think about it. I have looked at a few different providers and the offerings vary widely. :rules: Everything from total coverage to reimbursement. So what do you think ?
:patriot: God Bless These United States of America :patriot:

mrvmax

Re: PRE PAID LEGAL

Post by mrvmax »

If you do a search you should find numerous posts on this topic since this has been addressed in the past.

Tex1961

Post by Tex1961 »

mrvmax wrote:If you do a search you should find numerous posts on this topic since this has been addressed in the past.
:iagree:

Forum rules prohibit naming specific companies, but do some online research as well. Plenty of articles and other gun forums out there with a lot of opinions and information. You will find a few who don’t believe in cc insurance, so if you are interested in getting it just ignore them.

cmgee67

Post by cmgee67 »

I’m torn on the issue. I have almost got a couple of times but the chance of me using my firearm is so small that I don’t know if I want to pay for a service that may or may not end up working for me in the end. That being said there’s the better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it kind of thing to a lot of people. And honestly that money coming out every month or a year may not make a diffence to some but to others every dollar counts that goes into their pocket and can put that money to good use else where.

rotor

Post by rotor »

cmgee67 wrote:I’m torn on the issue. I have almost got a couple of times but the chance of me using my firearm is so small that I don’t know if I want to pay for a service that may or may not end up working for me in the end. That being said there’s the better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it kind of thing to a lot of people. And honestly that money coming out every month or a year may not make a diffence to some but to others every dollar counts that goes into their pocket and can put that money to good use else where.
I think if you look at this post...

http://www.texaschlforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=90535

...you can see that trying to find adequate legal help after the fact is very hard to do. This person apparently did not have a LTC and I don't think prepaid legal plans would have helped him as he technically did commit a crime. Most of us don't have a knowledgeable attorney on retainer. Hopefully I never need an attorney and hopefully I don't need to test my seat belts. I always use them though.

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”