Quality range time today

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
Tex1961
Posts in topic: 1

Quality range time today

Post by Tex1961 »

We do 90% of our shooting at the Frisco Gun Range so we are limited on what we can do as far as speed, holster draw, etc. etc... Got together with about 5 other guys and hit a private outdoor range today. One of the guys is a certified range master and competes professionally. Between all of us there had to be 40 different firearms. Everything from little 22 pistols up to 45acp. AK47's, shotguns, everything. I was able to do a lot of holster draw with my regular CCW and did a lot of tactical multi target drawing and firing. At least a thousand rounds downrange if not more between us all. Sunny and almost 70 degrees outside, was absolutely perfect.

I know this is a go nowhere post, just wanted to express my joy of being able to hit an outdoor private range and get some real world training in on multiple platforms and scenarios.

TexasJohnBoy
Banned
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Quality range time today

Post by TexasJohnBoy »

Once you go outdoor, you never go back.
TSRA Member since 5/30/15; NRA Member since 10/31/14

flowrie

Post by flowrie »

Yes, outdoor is the best. I am a member of North Texas Shooters Assoc.
I waited about one year until I was able to buy a membership from someone that moved away.
There is a waiting list, get on the list, if someone moves away or other life change, then an email goes out if the membership is for sale. You can google to check it out. There are monthly matches that non-members can attend.
The action matches are so much better practice than standing behind a bench to shoot. Tons of fun too with some great folks!
Former NRA Life Member
1911 fan

K.Mooneyham

Post by K.Mooneyham »

Now that I live in the country, I can do some shooting on my own property. For now, I can only shoot pistols and .22 rifles until I upgrade my berm/backstop. However, a friend has a bigger place across the border in Oklahoma that I was able to go to yesterday. Like you, we had a group of folks there, everyone practiced good safety, put a lot of rounds downrange, and had a great time. Hopefully you'll be able to do it again, too, it sure is a lot of fun, isn't it?

TexasJohnBoy
Banned
Posts in topic: 2

Post by TexasJohnBoy »

flowrie wrote:Yes, outdoor is the best. I am a member of North Texas Shooters Assoc.
I waited about one year until I was able to buy a membership from someone that moved away.
There is a waiting list, get on the list, if someone moves away or other life change, then an email goes out if the membership is for sale. You can google to check it out. There are monthly matches that non-members can attend.
The action matches are so much better practice than standing behind a bench to shoot. Tons of fun too with some great folks!
I can second this, NTSA is a great place to shoot. Also, I just found a place north of there in Collinsville, TX that's good to shoot at. I've only shot there once, but it was pretty nice considering it's new and what not. I don't know if they have matches there: http://bigboartactical.com/contact-us/
TSRA Member since 5/30/15; NRA Member since 10/31/14

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”