Need a question answered

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
bdgyeah
Posts in topic: 2

Need a question answered

Post by bdgyeah »

My EDC is a Glock 19. Took my father to the range today to shoot a few rounds. He has a 1911...only.....and thinks all guns are the same, and are cleaned the same. Anyway, I let him field strip it with a little help and let him clean it. When finished, he thought he was grabbing hoopes oil and grabbed bore cleaner and dumped it on the underside of the slide. Pretty sure it went everywhere and inside. All of the excess was wiped up but not the inside. My question is if this is going to hurt the gun in any way? Should I further disassemble the slide and clean, or just leave it? Should the slide be disassembled and cleaned at all? All help is appreciated.

OlBill
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Need a question answered

Post by OlBill »

Hoppe' s bore cleaner? If so then yes, get it off. If it was something like CLP I wouldnt worry about it.

You do know Tupperware is dish washer safe right?

Soccerdad1995

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

I don't think you can hurt a Glock. But if you are really worried about it, Glock's are extremely easy to thoroughly disassemble. Just need a punch so you can take out a couple pins. Once you get the trigger unit pulled out you should be able to get a rag in there to soak up every last inch of the excess bore cleaner. Check out Youtube for a demo.

Or as mentioned above, throw it in the dishwasher (just make sure your SO doesn't see you doing this).

OneGun

Post by OneGun »

Soccerdad1995 wrote:I don't think you can hurt a Glock. But if you are really worried about it, Glock's are extremely easy to thoroughly disassemble. Just need a punch so you can take out a couple pins. Once you get the trigger unit pulled out you should be able to get a rag in there to soak up every last inch of the excess bore cleaner. Check out Youtube for a demo.

Or as mentioned above, throw it in the dishwasher (just make sure your SO doesn't see you doing this).
I will that there are many youtube videos out there on how to completely disassemble a Glock. You will be fine.
Annoy a Liberal, GET A JOB!

warnmar10

Post by warnmar10 »

A sonic cleaner will make that problem go away too.

FWIW - I consider my 1911's family. Hoppes doesn't come in contact with any of my family. I do open a bottle of No. 9 when I'm cleaning guns but only for the aroma therapy.

Topic author
bdgyeah
Posts in topic: 2

Post by bdgyeah »

Thanks Guys. Done

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”