The Gingerman - Dallas - Bar with no 51% sign

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
n5wmk
Posts in topic: 1

The Gingerman - Dallas - Bar with no 51% sign

Post by n5wmk »

A car club that I belong to had one of our monthly gatherings at The Ginger Man (2718 Boll St. in Dallas) on Saturday, Jan 13, 2018.

It's a cool place with lots of beers on tap and a minimal amount of bar food, but they're non-compliant regarding TABC signage. Common sense says it's a 51% location, which I verified on the TABC Inquiry web site before going, so I left my handgun at home.

They have no signage at all as far as I could determine. Absolutely nothing outside by the main entrance, nothing inside the door, nothing behind the bar. I even walked back outside for another visual check.

Today, I checked texas3006.com and a post from 2016 found a 51% sign inside. If it's still posted near the kitchen entrance at the far end of the bar like stated here, I missed it.

I did call the local TABC branch (Agent Hamilton, really nice and courteous lady) who said the TABC would send an auditor there to make sure the Ginger Man is in compliance with signage requirements.

Don't get me wrong - I like the Ginger Man, and don't want them in trouble. But I also don't want a LTC holder to get in a hassle for being in a 51% location. I know, it would be defense to prosecution without the proper signage, but it would still be a pain in the rear to have to deal with it. :banghead:
EDC CZ 2075 RAMI
NRA Benefactor Life Member
USAF 1972-1980
Texas A&M -1980-1984

RoyGBiv
Posts in topic: 1

Re: The Gingerman - Dallas - Bar with no 51% sign

Post by RoyGBiv »

Definitely a good and interesting selection of beer. if you're into that sort of stuff. :mrgreen:

Thanks for the "heads" up. ;-)
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”