Should I just go with Bravo?

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
cmgee67
Posts in topic: 3

Should I just go with Bravo?

Post by cmgee67 »

I’ve been on the fence about different companies who make owb holsters for a Glock 43. I carry my Glock 19 owb in a bravo concealment holster and I thought I’d look around at some other brands for my 43. The holster will be primarily used at home. I just need a decent rig to run while I’m out and about on the property but will hold it securely. I’ve considered leather as well but don’t want to spend a ton on one that is going to see some extended amount of use. Safarliand now makes the als holster for the 42/43 and I love those.

OneGun
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Should I just go with Bravo?

Post by OneGun »

Your question is about your personal preference. No information anyone can offer you will address your preferences. If you like Bravo Concealment, stick with it. If you are open to taking a chance on something different, then try the Safariland, but be open that you may not like it.
Annoy a Liberal, GET A JOB!

WildBill

Post by WildBill »

I have no experience with Safariland or Bravo holsters that you mentioned.

I like the Fobus Evolution Paddle Holster for my Beretta PX-4 Storm SC.
They are well designed and well made. They are about $25. I use mine all of the time. :tiphat:
NRA Endowment Member

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

I don't know anything about the Bravo, but I like my ALS 7T holster so much that I stopped carrying my G30SF and carry the 21SF with a TLR-1 light attached 99% of the time I carry at all. The other 1% is a 1911 in a shoulder rig.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

mrvmax

Post by mrvmax »

Ive been using the Raven Concealment and I love it. I even bought one for my wife. I have been using Bravo Concealment for a while on other guns but o like this better than what they offer.
http://rcsgear.com/perun-owb-holster-glock-43/

Jago668

Post by Jago668 »

mrvmax wrote:Ive been using the Raven Concealment and I love it. I even bought one for my wife. I have been using Bravo Concealment for a while on other guns but o like this better than what they offer.
http://rcsgear.com/perun-owb-holster-glock-43/
Haven't done that one, but I do like their Eidolon. NSR Tactical makes good stuff, and supposedly so does Greenforce Tactical.
NRA Benefactor Member

carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

For leather you will not beat DM Bullard in Azle. I have a OWB for my Glock 43 w/TLR6 from DSG Holsters and it is he best I have had in kydex.

Topic author
cmgee67

Post by cmgee67 »

carlson1 wrote:For leather you will not beat DM Bullard in Azle. I have a OWB for my Glock 43 w/TLR6 from DSG Holsters and it is he best I have had in kydex.
would you mind PM’ing me some pictures of those rigs? I’d like to see how they look in real life.

flechero

Post by flechero »

For an inexpensive, but well built kydex IWB, you might look at concealment express... I bought one for a gun I rarely carry because it was inexpensive... but realized after delivery that it's as well built as MANY of the more expensive kydex rigs. It also has an adjustable cant from 0-15 degrees so you can use it AIWB or normal IWB.

https://www.concealmentexpress.com/coll ... ex-holster

After all that I just noticed you did specify OWB- sorry. Well, if you change your mind here is an IWB option. :lol:

Topic author
cmgee67

Post by cmgee67 »

flechero wrote:For an inexpensive, but well built kydex IWB, you might look at concealment express... I bought one for a gun I rarely carry because it was inexpensive... but realized after delivery that it's as well built as MANY of the more expensive kydex rigs. It also has an adjustable cant from 0-15 degrees so you can use it AIWB or normal IWB.

https://www.concealmentexpress.com/coll ... ex-holster

After all that I just noticed you did specify OWB- sorry. Well, if you change your mind here is an IWB option. :lol:
Actually I carry with the concealment express holster for the 43 iwb but I removed the clip and replaced with pull dot soft loops. I have made kydex holsters before and I know what goes into them. Honestly most holsters like the “taco” style holsters like concleament express that sell for 2-3x that amount is dumb. A holster like that you have about 8-10$ in material and parts. That’s it. So concealment xpress sells them for what they should be priced at. I understand time and labor but one like that shouldn’t be 60$. Concealment xpress does an excellent job and I really like how the polish everything and make the kydex very smooth inside and out. You can adjust the can’t and the tension on the gun. I wish they would offer soft loops though. I like soft loops because they conceal better and it’s more secure on your person.

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”