Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

jason812
Posts in topic: 5

Re: Walther PPQ

Post by jason812 »

SQLGeek wrote:
The Annoyed Man wrote:
jason812 wrote:I have a M1 in .40 but haven't had a chance to shoot it yet.
Does going to the smaller diameter .40 S&W case increase the capacity of the en-bloc clip from 8 to 10 rounds? :mrgreen:
I admit it took me longer than it should have to realize he was talking about a PPQ Classic. :lol:
My bad, PPQ Classic or PPQ M1 with the paddle mag release. What I get for thinking context of the title correlates with the firearm I was referring too... :smilelol5:
In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacy, it is necessary to act outside the law to pursue a natural justice.

SQLGeek
Posts in topic: 2

Post by SQLGeek »

I think your post was fine. It betrays my own bias more than anything. :shock:
Psalm 91:2

jason812
Posts in topic: 5

Post by jason812 »

SQLGeek wrote:I think your post was fine. It betrays my own bias more than anything. :shock:
No worries, I got a laugh out of it. It shows that sometimes if you remove context, the meaning changes drastically. :thumbs2:
In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacy, it is necessary to act outside the law to pursue a natural justice.

Topic author
bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

extremist wrote:
Charles L. Cotton wrote:I have never shot one, but I've heard (YouTube) and read that it had the best trigger of all striker-fired pistols, until the CZ P-10C came out. I bought a P-10C and I have to say the trigger is far better than my Glocks', XD or M&P, but it's still a striker-fired pistol.

Chas.
I own some of the PPQ M1s and a PPQ 5" M2 model. They did indeed have the best out of the box trigger on a production striker fired pistol and the CZ P10C did not best it (IMHO) at least on the ONE sample I tried (they are very hard to find - we have still not had one come through the store). As of now though, I believe that the Canik TP9 series of pistols have the best out of the box trigger on a production striker fired pistol (TP9SFX, TP9SF, TP9SA, TP9SF Elite) even besting the PPQ in my opinion.

I've handled multiple new production PPQ M2s, Q5s, HK VP9s, FN509s, and the new M&P 2.0s and the Caniks still beat them.

But the PPQ is still great, and it does have the Walther mystique. More ergonomic grip, smoother and sleeker lines but you pay $200-$300 extra for that mystique compared to what Canik offers.

James
Does the range have PPQ M2 available for rent? I'd like to shoot it some more. I think the triggers on my M&P 2.0's are great, but there was something about that PPQ.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

superstar
Posts in topic: 1

Post by superstar »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:I have never shot one, but I've heard (YouTube) and read that it had the best trigger of all striker-fired pistols, until the CZ P-10C came out. I bought a P-10C and I have to say the trigger is far better than my Glocks', XD or M&P, but it's still a striker-fired pistol.

Chas.
I think the HK VP9 has a better trigger than PPQ. Better because it feels just a tad lighter pull than the PPQ. The ergonomics are both about the same.

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

jason812 wrote:
SQLGeek wrote:
The Annoyed Man wrote:
jason812 wrote:I have a M1 in .40 but haven't had a chance to shoot it yet.
Does going to the smaller diameter .40 S&W case increase the capacity of the en-bloc clip from 8 to 10 rounds? :mrgreen:
I admit it took me longer than it should have to realize he was talking about a PPQ Classic. :lol:
My bad, PPQ Classic or PPQ M1 with the paddle mag release. What I get for thinking context of the title correlates with the firearm I was referring too... :smilelol5:
Nah... I was just pullin’ Yer leg a little..... :lol:
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

MechAg94
Posts in topic: 1

Post by MechAg94 »

I wanted to keep an eye out for the Walther 45 that I heard about. Just want to see how it feels in the hand.

extremist
Posts in topic: 3

Post by extremist »

bblhd672 wrote: Does the range have PPQ M2 available for rent? I'd like to shoot it some more. I think the triggers on my M&P 2.0's are great, but there was something about that PPQ.
Unfortunately, we don't. I have tried to get one unsuccessfully. We have the PPS M2 (currently being repaired), and the Walther Creed.

If you want to contact me ahead of time and coordinate our schedules, I'll let you shoot one of mine. I can make it a M1 or a M2 ;-)
TX LTC Instructor, NRA Endowment Life Member, USPSA CRO
NRA Handgun/Rifle/Shotgun/Home Firearm Safety, Chief Range Safety Officer

extremist
Posts in topic: 3

Post by extremist »

MechAg94 wrote:I wanted to keep an eye out for the Walther 45 that I heard about. Just want to see how it feels in the hand.
Have one at the store for sale, but not for rent if you want to just see how it feels. They are great.
TX LTC Instructor, NRA Endowment Life Member, USPSA CRO
NRA Handgun/Rifle/Shotgun/Home Firearm Safety, Chief Range Safety Officer

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”