Walther PPQ

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
bblhd672
Posts in topic: 2

Walther PPQ

Post by bblhd672 »

During a training class on Saturday had the opportunity to shoot everyone else's handgun that was in the class. Surprisingly the one I picked up that felt "right" in my hand and had a trigger that was exceptional was a Walther PPQ. Just a few rounds has put this gun onto my "Wish List."

Anyone have a Walther PPQ?
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

mot7981
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Walther PPQ

Post by mot7981 »

I've not shot the PPQ but I've read lots of good things about it. That's not surprising to me as I currently have a PPS. I've also owned a CCP and a P99 in the past. They have all been great shooting, reliable guns. I've also had one experience with their customer service and it was top notch as well. Definitely a firearm worth your consideration.

jason812
Posts in topic: 5

Post by jason812 »

I have a M1 in .40 but haven't had a chance to shoot it yet. Which is sad because I've had it for 6 months. I can definitely say the grip is better than my P99 and the trigger is very nice (from dry firing of course). I did order a Tucker Gun Leather HF1 for it this weekend so that will make me shoot it before I wear it.

I also have the P99 (mentioned above), PPS M1, and P22.
In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacy, it is necessary to act outside the law to pursue a natural justice.

Pariah3j

Post by Pariah3j »

I have a PPQ M1 9mm - its my favorite gun, great shooter.
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny" - Thomas Jefferson

oljames3

Post by oljames3 »

bblhd672 wrote:During a training class on Saturday had the opportunity to shoot everyone else's handgun that was in the class. Surprisingly the one I picked up that felt "right" in my hand and had a trigger that was exceptional was a Walther PPQ. Just a few rounds has put this gun onto my "Wish List."

Anyone have a Walther PPQ?
My wife carries a Walther PPS M2 LE. It is, indeed, a fine pistol. I still prefer my S&W M&P M2.0 9mm 5inch.
O. Lee James, III Captain, US Army (Retired 2012), Honorable Order of St. Barbara
2/19FA, 1st Cavalry Division 73-78; 56FA BDE (Pershing) 78-81
NRA, NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Instructor, Rangemaster Certified, GOA, TSRA, NAR L1

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

I have never shot one, but I've heard (YouTube) and read that it had the best trigger of all striker-fired pistols, until the CZ P-10C came out. I bought a P-10C and I have to say the trigger is far better than my Glocks', XD or M&P, but it's still a striker-fired pistol.

Chas.

Soccerdad1995

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

When I started shooting IDPA competitions, I got a Glock 34, and installed a Zev trigger and Dawson sights. Then I shot a Walther PPQ, and soon after that I switched to a Q5 Match (amped up version of the PPQ) for IDPA. I also have a PPS for carry. The PPQ and the PPS are great guns.

WTR
Banned

Post by WTR »

A friend died and his widow bought a PPQ for protection. She loves it and shoots lights out with it.

surferdaddy

Post by surferdaddy »

I bought one years ago when they first came out to practice on and get ready for my CHL instructor’s class. I recently sold it and instantly regretted doing so. It really is an excellent firearm.

Surfer
CHL/LTC instructor
NRA basic pistol/home firearm safety instructor.

extremist
Posts in topic: 3

Post by extremist »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:I have never shot one, but I've heard (YouTube) and read that it had the best trigger of all striker-fired pistols, until the CZ P-10C came out. I bought a P-10C and I have to say the trigger is far better than my Glocks', XD or M&P, but it's still a striker-fired pistol.

Chas.
I own some of the PPQ M1s and a PPQ 5" M2 model. They did indeed have the best out of the box trigger on a production striker fired pistol and the CZ P10C did not best it (IMHO) at least on the ONE sample I tried (they are very hard to find - we have still not had one come through the store). As of now though, I believe that the Canik TP9 series of pistols have the best out of the box trigger on a production striker fired pistol (TP9SFX, TP9SF, TP9SA, TP9SF Elite) even besting the PPQ in my opinion.

I've handled multiple new production PPQ M2s, Q5s, HK VP9s, FN509s, and the new M&P 2.0s and the Caniks still beat them.

But the PPQ is still great, and it does have the Walther mystique. More ergonomic grip, smoother and sleeker lines but you pay $200-$300 extra for that mystique compared to what Canik offers.

James
TX LTC Instructor, NRA Endowment Life Member, USPSA CRO
NRA Handgun/Rifle/Shotgun/Home Firearm Safety, Chief Range Safety Officer

LDB415

Post by LDB415 »

jason812 wrote:I did order a Tucker Gun Leather HF1 for it this weekend
There's Tucker leather and then there's everyone else. You ordered the best.
It's fine if you disagree. I can't force you to be correct.
NRA Life Member, TSRA Life Member, GSSF Member
A pistol without a round chambered is an expensive paper weight.

jason812

Post by jason812 »

extremist wrote:
As of now though, I believe that the Canik TP9 series of pistols have the best out of the box trigger on a production striker fired pistol (TP9SFX, TP9SF, TP9SA, TP9SF Elite) even besting the PPQ in my opinion.
The Canik TP9 is thought of as a Walther clone and apparently they did a good job as I haven't read a bad review.
In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacy, it is necessary to act outside the law to pursue a natural justice.

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

jason812 wrote:I have a M1 in .40 but haven't had a chance to shoot it yet.
Does going to the smaller diameter .40 S&W case increase the capacity of the en-bloc clip from 8 to 10 rounds? :mrgreen:
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

SQLGeek

Post by SQLGeek »

The Annoyed Man wrote:
Does going to the smaller diameter .40 S&W case increase the capacity of the en-bloc clip from 8 to 10 rounds? :mrgreen:
I admit it took me longer than it should have to realize he was talking about a PPQ Classic. :lol:
Psalm 91:2

jason812

Post by jason812 »

The Annoyed Man wrote:
The cases are shorter too so you can load 2 stacked in line which means you can load 20 rounds in the clip. :biggrinjester:

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”