Self defense fixed blade

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
Grundy1133
Posts in topic: 9

Self defense fixed blade

Post by Grundy1133 »

I'm looking for a decent fixed blade that I can attach to my belt horizontally on my weak side in case I'm unable to get to my gun. Doesn't need to be a crocodile dundee knife or a big bowie knife. Just looking for something to replace the folder that I have due to the time it takes to unclip this one from my pocket and open it up and get it ready to strike. I want something I can grab and pull out in one swift movement have it and ready to go. I have a lot of fixed blades but none that I can attach to my belt horizontally in a concealed manner.
NRA Member

EastTexasRancher
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Self defense fixed blade

Post by EastTexasRancher »

I carry this CRKT: https://www.knifecenter.com/item/CR2860 ... ag-handles

The sheath can be worn vertical or horizontal.
Last edited by EastTexasRancher on Sat Mar 31, 2018 10:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Interblog
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Interblog »

Points awarded for pics that specifically show what this OP asked for - a horizontal mount. A knife and one or more sheaths nesting on a tarp with other unrelated equipment or in a photogenic bed of woodland twigs and leaves does not give a good feel for how it is actually worn and accessed.

I find this to be an obstacle generally with online sources. Very often I have to go to purchasers' pics on Amazon rather than the seller's pics, to get an idea of how an object really looks and functions.

carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

I have a K-Bar. It was not horizontal so I bought a sheath from NSR Tactical. Now NSR sales the knife with the horizontal sheath. There are several people who sale a horizontal sheath for the TDI.

https://www.nsrtactical.com/collections ... quick-ship

EastTexasRancher
Posts in topic: 2

Post by EastTexasRancher »

Interblog wrote:Points awarded for pics that specifically show what this OP asked for - a horizontal mount. A knife and one or more sheaths nesting on a tarp with other unrelated equipment or in a photogenic bed of woodland twigs and leaves does not give a good feel for how it is actually worn and accessed.

I find this to be an obstacle generally with online sources. Very often I have to go to purchasers' pics on Amazon rather than the seller's pics, to get an idea of how an object really looks and functions.
......my camera equipment is around here somewhere......

bdgyeah

Post by bdgyeah »

I want the same. But I am going to buy locally. Try this.

https://bkknives.net/

philbo
Banned

Post by philbo »

I picked up one if these recently on a whim. Impressed so far, especially considering that it's $20. Sheath is decent as well.

https://www.amazon.com/Columbia-Surviva ... heath&th=1

Topic author
Grundy1133

Post by Grundy1133 »

I grabbed one of these. https://www.sogknives.com/instinct-g10-satin.html the main appeal to me is it's small size and the sheath can be carried horizontal vertical diagonal IWB or OWB. i ordered it online and it should be here tomorrow. If I don't like it, then it's no big loss as I'm a bit of a knife collector and literally have a couple hundred knives. I'll just add it to my colelction :mrgreen:
NRA Member

RoyGBiv
Posts in topic: 3

Post by RoyGBiv »

I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

anygunanywhere

Post by anygunanywhere »

Horizontal sheath for full size Kabar. Either with or without fire starter.

Thinking about one of these for my Kabar.

https://hedgehogleatherworks.com/produc ... -bar-knife

"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

Topic author
Grundy1133

Post by Grundy1133 »

wow lots of good suggestions! :thumbs2:
NRA Member

Topic author
Grundy1133

Post by Grundy1133 »

I'd LIKE to use this knife since its a S&W but the holster is leather and vertically mounted. maybe if i can find someone who does custom kydex or polymer i can get a IWB sheath made for it.
IMG_20180331_171349.jpg
NRA Member

Topic author
Grundy1133

Post by Grundy1133 »

Grundy1133 wrote:I'd LIKE to use this knife since its a S&W but the holster is leather and vertically mounted. maybe if i can find someone who does custom kydex or polymer i can get a IWB sheath made for it.
IMG_20180331_171349.jpg
this was more of a joke before anyone starts yelling "Tacticool" lol. its just a really cool knife i've had forever and never really used. it's way too big for what I wanna do with it. the smaller knives like the SOG Instinct or the Crawford Kasper or a Clinch Pick or something like one of these. Image
NRA Member

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”