What are the gaps in your collection?

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

bulletslap
Posts in topic: 1

Re: What are the gaps in your collection?

Post by bulletslap »

I need a S&W 38/44 to fill a niche.

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 5

Post by The Annoyed Man »

AndyC wrote:
The Annoyed Man wrote:
rotor wrote:I guess everyone has an AK-47 (or nobody wants one). I like mine.
I have tarted up my WASR a bit, and I like it a lot, but I’m still an AR guy.
Have you shown it off yet? I don't recall seeing it
Here it is. This is a still frame from a video I made at ETTS on Friday

So far, all I’ve done is add the following:
So, it’s mostly stuff to make it either fit me better, or more comfortable and versatile to use. I zeroed it at 100 yards on Friday out at ETTS, with the scope (the iron sights are worthless to me until I get my cataracts removed. It’s not a terrible accurate rifle, but it is accurate enough for minute of man. It shot around 3” to 4” groups at 100 yards. It will stack the first two bullets pretty close to one another, and then as the barrel heats up, the group begins to open up. I’m OK with that.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

SQLGeek

Post by SQLGeek »

Too many to mention.

Don't have a revolver yet.

Really want an AK-47/AKM pattern rifle.

M-1 Carbine that I waited too long to buy and am going to pay through the nose for.

So on and so forth.
Psalm 91:2

puma guy
Posts in topic: 2

Post by puma guy »

The Annoyed Man wrote: Here it is. This is a still frame from a video I made at ETTS on Friday

So far, all I’ve done is add the following:
So, it’s mostly stuff to make it either fit me better, or more comfortable and versatile to use. I zeroed it at 100 yards on Friday out at ETTS, with the scope (the iron sights are worthless to me until I get my cataracts removed. It’s not a terrible accurate rifle, but it is accurate enough for minute of man. It shot around 3” to 4” groups at 100 yards. It will stack the first two bullets pretty close to one another, and then as the barrel heats up, the group begins to open up. I’m OK with that.
Nice! Nice case, too! :cool:
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

The Annoyed Man

puma guy wrote:Nice! Nice case, too! :cool:
Yeah, some random guy I know told me about it. ;-)
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

#TINVOWOOT

Soccerdad1995

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

Barrett 50 cal
Gatling gun
Full auto M60

Other than that, I'm pretty well stocked at the moment. Oh, I wouldn't mind getting a Dan Wesson revolver pistol pack, now that they have started making them again. But I want a 2 inch barrel to go with the ones that are in the pack.

LeonCarr

Post by LeonCarr »

As scary as it sounds, just one.

I want a Controlled Round Feed, Claw Extractor, Winchester Model 70 in .458 Winchester Magnum.

The gap in my collection is a rifle that will take any animal on this planet. I handload and I also cast bullets. The .458 Win Mag can be loaded with Trail Boss and a 300 Grain Hard Cast Flat Point at 1200 fps for an inexpensive practice round that will still easily take any varmint, deer, or hog, up to a 500 Grain Hornady FMJ at 2160 fps that will take an elephant. A big cartridge case like that allows for great versatility, and I want that :). I may never make it to Alaska or Africa, but I want a rifle capable of making the trip if it does happen.

Just my .02,
LeonCarr
"Whitetail Deer are extinct because of rifles with telescopes mounted on them." - My 11th Grade English Teacher

The Annoyed Man

LeonCarr wrote:As scary as it sounds, just one.

I want a Controlled Round Feed, Claw Extractor, Winchester Model 70 in .458 Winchester Magnum.

The gap in my collection is a rifle that will take any animal on this planet. I handload and I also cast bullets. The .458 Win Mag can be loaded with Trail Boss and a 300 Grain Hard Cast Flat Point at 1200 fps for an inexpensive practice round that will still easily take any varmint, deer, or hog, up to a 500 Grain Hornady FMJ at 2160 fps that will take an elephant. A big cartridge case like that allows for great versatility, and I want that :). I may never make it to Alaska or Africa, but I want a rifle capable of making the trip if it does happen.

Just my .02,
LeonCarr
That’s a great choice. I’ve always had a fondness in my heart for a classic wood-stocked bolt action express rifle in .416 Rigby, and swore I’d have one some day. I still don’t have one. Don’t ask me why that particular caliber. I’m almost certain that it is far from the most powerful of the .40+ caliber rifle cartridges. I think it’s just the sound of the name......”.416 Rigby”, by golly! It just sounded so exotic the first time I heard it that it has had me hypnotized ever since. 375 H&H Magnum is another one. But for some reason, that Rigby cartridge got under my skin. I’m sure that .458 Win Mag is a far more practical - and probably effective - choice.

#TINVOWOOT

ScottDLS

Post by ScottDLS »

Soccerdad1995 wrote:Barrett 50 cal
Gatling gun
Full auto M60

Other than that, I'm pretty well stocked at the moment. Oh, I wouldn't mind getting a Dan Wesson revolver pistol pack, now that they have started making them again. But I want a 2 inch barrel to go with the ones that are in the pack.
I want a belt fed full auto. Any belt fed. Maybe if I trade in my Jeep and my Caddy I can get one. That and an MEP-803A surplus diesel generator...google it...very cool. :smilelol5:
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

Steamboat

Post by Steamboat »

For some reason I really need a 22 revolver. Gonna go to Atwoods and take a look at them.
"Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there." — Will Rogers

DEB

Post by DEB »

I need the French MAS 36 to complete my WWII rifle collection. Just kind of on the fence on getting the 36 or a Berthier, as I believe the Berthier was more in use by the regular infantry in 1941. So, in no hurry as it is more fun to find one that needs work and to fix it up. I did this with most of my other weapons, like the Carcano and the K98K.
Unless we keep the barbarian virtues, gaining the civilized ones will be of little avail. Oversentimentality, oversoftness, washiness, and mushiness are the great dangers of this age and of this people." Teddy Roosevelt"
DEB=Daniel E Bertram
U.S. Army Retired, (Sapper). VFW Life Member.

canvasbck

Post by canvasbck »

The one that I really want is a full-auto version of the FNP90. They just look really fun!
"All bleeding eventually stops.......quit whining!"

Tex1961

Post by Tex1961 »

There are 3500 different makes and models of firearms out there (I pulled that # out of the air).. I have about 16, so I guess what's missing is 3482 of them. :fire

txglock21

Post by txglock21 »

I need to replace my .380 I sold and have never pulled the trigger on a .44 mag. (Pardon the pun) Other than those two, I have at least one of every other caliber I can think of, rifles and shotguns included. Err, I mean HAD, until I lost them in a boating accident! :leaving
"Laugh about everything or cry about nothing."
NRA Life Member & TSRA Member/ Former USAF

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”