Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
aldo2433
Posts in topic: 1

I need help please

Post by aldo2433 »

Hello,

I got my Glock 17 about a month ago and I also got the "Blackhawk SERPA Sportster Holster". I love this holster BUT when I have it under my shirt. It is very clear that I'm carrying. I would like a good holster that will work with Glock 17 and won't be obvious that I'm carrying. I know the Glock 17 is a big gun so if you know of a holster that will do the job and conceal the gun. PLEASE let me know.

SIGFan43

Re: I need help please

Post by SIGFan43 »

Try Vedder Holster's Light Tuck IWB. They're great.
SIGFan43
Where am I going, and why am I in this handbasket?

SigM4

Post by SigM4 »

Since you reference the Serpa, are you set on an outside the waistband holster (OWB)? If so there are many great options. Just the same, you might find inside the waistband (IWB) holsters conceal better, though not always. I’m a big fan of the hybrid IWB designs but there are all plastic/kydex options as well. Vedder holsters and Crossbreed holsters are two that come to mind off the top of my head. Others will have more suggestions I’m sure. I would see what everyone suggests and then poke around on the various sites.

I will say, as you’ve already found out, the Serpa is not a very concealable holster design, not that it can’t be done, but it’s more difficult to do successfully.
Last edited by SigM4 on Mon Apr 09, 2018 7:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

cmgee67

Post by cmgee67 »

https://www.bravoconcealment.com/produc ... un-holster

Try these guys. Bravo concealment. They are made in Texas and as far as OWB kydex holsters they are the best I’ve tried. I can conceal my Glock 19 no problem with my holster from them.

Jago668

Post by Jago668 »

NRA Benefactor Member

Excaliber

Post by Excaliber »

Have a look at Concealment Express for IWB holsters at very reasonable prices.
Excaliber

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Jeff Cooper
I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of my posts should be construed as legal or professional advice.

RPBrown

Post by RPBrown »

Do you have a good GUN belt. If not, you really need to get one. I carry an XD45 full size in a Blackhawk SERPA and had the same issues until I got a good gun belt
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member

Beiruty

Post by Beiruty »

aldo2433 wrote:Hello,

I got my Glock 17 about a month ago and I also got the "Blackhawk SERPA Sportster Holster". I love this holster BUT when I have it under my shirt. It is very clear that I'm carrying. I would like a good holster that will work with Glock 17 and won't be obvious that I'm carrying. I know the Glock 17 is a big gun so if you know of a holster that will do the job and conceal the gun. PLEASE let me know.
Those type of Holsters are best for OC or concealed under a jacket
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

MechAg94

Post by MechAg94 »

https://www.amazon.com/Desantis-Slide-H ... r+Glock+17
I got a Desantis holster similar to this for another pistol that is heavier than the 17 for OWB. It works well and keeps the pistol snugged up. Also, I tend to favor leather holsters.

I agree with the other comment above. You will need a good gun belt. It is hard to communicate the improvement a good, sturdy, thick gun belt brings to the table with concealed carry.

strogg

Post by strogg »

As a general note, I would avoid the Serpa or any duty holster for concealed carrying. Duty holsters are meant for open carrying and quick drawing by the user, so they will intentionally stick out quite a bit from your body. If you want a good OWB holster for concealment, I recommend you get a pancake style holster (as many have suggested here). Leather will give the best comfort with excellent retention under normal circumstances. Kydex will have excellent retention all times, but it's stiff, so it won't be nearly as comfortable.

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”