Airforce missing machine gun and box of grenades

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
Allons
Posts in topic: 4

Airforce missing machine gun and box of grenades

Post by Allons »

Kinda scary, I hope they find these weapons, before they fall into the wrong hands. Maybe military standards have changed since I left. This would never happen in any unit I was in.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/05/18/politics ... index.html
NRA Member
US Army 1988-1999

C-dub
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Airforce missing machine gun and box of grenades

Post by C-dub »

I don’t have them.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

twomillenium

Post by twomillenium »

Me neither ............ now. :biggrinjester:
Texas LTC Instructor, NRA pistol instructor, RSO, NRA Endowment Life , TSRA, Glock enthusiast (tho I have others)
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to add it to a fruit salad.

You will never know another me, this could be good or not so good, but it is still true.

howdy

Post by howdy »

Reminds me of when the Waller County Sheriff had 8 guns including a machine gun stolen from his truck.
http://www.houstonpress.com/news/let-th ... on-7984386
Texas LTC Instructor
NRA Basic Pistol Instructor
NRA Life Patron Member TSRA Member
USMC 1972-1979

Tex1961

Post by Tex1961 »

I think what concerns me the most is. Why were you reading the communist news network :biggrinjester:
Kidding of course, sometimes When I need a laugh I’ll read an article.

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

Fell off the back of a truck? Sounds familiar...did anyone check with the Wolverines to see if they have them? :biggrinjester:
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

Syntyr

Post by Syntyr »

bblhd672 wrote:Fell off the back of a truck? Sounds familiar...did anyone check with the Wolverines to see if they have them? :biggrinjester:
They are dropping cans off ammo through the roof at parkland high school in El Paso...

I thought schools were gun free zones!

https://www.elpasotimes.com/story/news/ ... 622504002/
Syntyr
"Wherever you go... There you are." - Buckaroo Banzai
"Inconceivable!" - Fizzinni

bigtek
Banned

Post by bigtek »

C-dub wrote:I don’t have them.
Boating accident?
Deck the halls with nitroglycerin
Fa la la la la la la la la!
Strike a match and see who's missin'
Fa la la la la la la la la!

E.Marquez

Post by E.Marquez »

Allons wrote:Kinda scary, I hope they find these weapons, before they fall into the wrong hands. Maybe military standards have changed since I left. This would never happen in any unit I was in.

As one of the guys at the Division level that used to review every report of a lost weapon or high value item, I can all but assure you, your unit, be it troop, Bn, BDE lost many items, as or more concerning than a Weapon most cant feed to any extent, or a 32 rounds of ammo, that cant be fired from any weapon other then a MK19.
If you would like to give me the UIC for every unit you were in, Id be happy to post up the lost weapons, NVG's, Radios, GPS, AN/CYZ-10 Data Transfer Device, ANCD Data Transfer Device, other COMSEC equipment lost, or found installation property attributed to those UIC's BDE and below.
My point it, it happens, it shouldn't, but it does, to even the best units. Because they are made up of humans, and humans make mistakes, have a lapse of attention, judgement, become thieves, ect.

Its wrong, the AF lost track of a 240, its a lot less concerning to me than if they had lost a M9, or M4.
Its wrong the AF lost a can of MK19 40mm Training Practice rounds, Id be more concerned if they had lost a single round of 9mm ammo, which is to say, I'm not concerned at all.
Companion animal Microchips, quality name brand chips, lifetime registration, Low cost just $10~12, not for profit, most locations we can come to you. We cover eight counties McLennan, Hill, Bell, Coryell, Falls, Bosque, Limestone, Lampasas
Contact we.chip.pets@gmail.com

ScottDLS

Post by ScottDLS »

E.Marquez wrote:
Allons wrote:Kinda scary, I hope they find these weapons, before they fall into the wrong hands. Maybe military standards have changed since I left. This would never happen in any unit I was in.

As one of the guys at the Division level that used to review every report of a lost weapon or high value item, I can all but assure you, your unit, be it troop, Bn, BDE lost many items, as or more concerning than a Weapon most cant feed to any extent, or a 32 rounds of ammo, that cant be fired from any weapon other then a MK19.
If you would like to give me the UIC for every unit you were in, Id be happy to post up the lost weapons, NVG's, Radios, GPS, AN/CYZ-10 Data Transfer Device, ANCD Data Transfer Device, other COMSEC equipment lost, or found installation property attributed to those UIC's BDE and below.
My point it, it happens, it shouldn't, but it does, to even the best units. Because they are made up of humans, and humans make mistakes, have a lapse of attention, judgement, become thieves, ect.

Its wrong, the AF lost track of a 240, its a lot less concerning to me than if they had lost a M9, or M4.
Its wrong the AF lost a can of MK19 40mm Training Practice rounds, Id be more concerned if they had lost a single round of 9mm ammo, which is to say, I'm not concerned at all.
As my Marine counterparts used to say....lost, damaged, and/or expended in combat.... :biggrinjester: I think there's a code for that for the BDE Property Book Officer in the new US Army combat support system...

I guess that won't help in this case since it was in CONUS training and for that matter the Air Force. What do they need grenades for anyway? :biggrinjester:
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

rotor
Posts in topic: 2

Post by rotor »

They have machine guns and grenades in the Air Force?

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

C-dub wrote:I don’t have them.
That’s not what you said when you were showing them to me. :mrgreen:
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Pawpaw

Post by Pawpaw »

rotor wrote:They have machine guns and grenades in the Air Force?
And more...
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

G26ster

Post by G26ster »

rotor wrote:They have machine guns and grenades in the Air Force?
I guess. They have Spec Ops forces.

https://www.airforce.com/careers/featur ... operations

Topic author
Allons
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Allons »

E.Marquez wrote:

I'm sure I would have remembered a lost sensitive item. The unit would have been locked down for a long time, meaning: no one goes home everyone retracing their steps kinda thing. I remember being held up once when the armorer miss counted m16 blank rounds it only took about 20 minutes to sort out though. A friend of mine was in a company that lost a pair NVG'S and he told me they were locked down for about 48 hours. I don't know the UIC for the companies I was in but I can tell you the units:

11th Cav 511th Military Intelligence Company
3rd Infantry Division Bravo Company 103 Military Intelligence Company
1st Infantry Division Alpha Company 101 Military Intelligence Company
10th Mountain Division Bravo Company 110 Military Intelligence Company
NRA Member
US Army 1988-1999

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”