A Message from Federal, CCI, Speer and Remington President Jason Vanderbrink on Ammo Demand

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 1

A Message from Federal, CCI, Speer and Remington President Jason Vanderbrink on Ammo Demand

Post by The Annoyed Man »

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

C-dub

Re: A Message from Federal, CCI, Speer and Remington President Jason Vanderbrink on Ammo Demand

Post by C-dub »

I have no doubts that they are. It's the middle man I'm skeptical about. Kinda like all that food and other stuff that has been sent to help a few third world countries that get pilfered by their despotic leaders and kept for their military and or just the elite.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

cmgee67

Re: A Message from Federal, CCI, Speer and Remington President Jason Vanderbrink on Ammo Demand

Post by cmgee67 »

One of the biggest issues that I have seen is people traveling 50-100 miles every week to come to where I live and they stand in line at stores before they open and buy the ammo that would otherwise be plenty for the local population. I am
Also sick and tired of all the people that buy the ammunition and then are reselling it to make a profit. People were mad about cheaper than dirt price gouging but it seems to be just dandy when they do it themselves.

RoyGBiv

Post by RoyGBiv »

What a moron.

Dear customers, stop bothering us.

Whoever failed to stop the release of this video should be fired.

Here's the right way to say it.

I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

dlh

Post by dlh »

Whatever happened to all the ammo Academy used to sell that was made in Serbia and the Czech Republic?

Have not seen it on the shelves in many, many months there. For that matter have seen no ammo from anywhere
on their shelves except for seasonal shotgun bird rounds.

It was good quality brass stuff and I never encountered a dud round. It fed through all of my firearms with no problems.
I have a few boxes left too in my ammo supplies and have no intention of firing any of it until the current craziness is over.
Please know and follow the rules of firearms safety.

SQLGeek

Post by SQLGeek »

The past few days several Academy stores I’ve been to and from what I hear, many more across the state, have had a glut of Monarch ammo. Piles of brass and steel 9mm, .45, .223 and the like.

I wonder if they had issues getting it imported?
Psalm 91:2

K.Mooneyham

Post by K.Mooneyham »

cmgee67 wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 11:50 pm One of the biggest issues that I have seen is people traveling 50-100 miles every week to come to where I live and they stand in line at stores before they open and buy the ammo that would otherwise be plenty for the local population. I am
Also sick and tired of all the people that buy the ammunition and then are reselling it to make a profit. People were mad about cheaper than dirt price gouging but it seems to be just dandy when they do it themselves.
Yes, the last time there was a run on ammo, there were those who spent their days going around to stores buying up ammo, not to use, or even keep, but only so they could turn it around and resell it on sites like Gunbroker for even more inflated prices.

AF-Odin

Post by AF-Odin »

Agree with SQLGeek. My local Academy has been getting ammo in small amounts all along. Yes, people do line up VERY early, and they have reasonable purchase limits, but most of us have ben able to, somewhat, regularly get at least some ammo. Last week, they must have hit a mother-lode as they had lots of brass and steel, 9mm, .40, .45, .223, .308, and 7.62x39. Most was Monarch (Serbia for the brass and Russia for the steel), but they also had some Federal and some Winchester. My biggest COMPLIMENT to Academy is that they have not price gouged. Prices have increased some, but not to the gouge level. Monarch brass 9mm was $12.99 a box and steel was 11.99. Not a bargain, but when we have another local store that wants $40 for a box of WWB 9mm, I will buy the Monarch brass.
AF-Odin
Texas LTC, SSC & FRC Instructor
NRA Pistol, Home Firearms Safety, Personal Protection in the Home Instructor & RSO
NRA & TSRA Life Member

PriestTheRunner
Posts in topic: 2

Post by PriestTheRunner »

If you don't like purchasing limits, then you have to be ok with price gouging. If you don't like price gouging then you need to be ok with arbitrary purchasing limits set by a store.

Those really are the only two ways to even barely keep stock in hand.

Personally I'm fine with businesses doing either, its their property not mine. If we believe in private property, then we have to believe in ALL private property rights not just whats convenient for us personally.

MaduroBU

Post by MaduroBU »

Is purchasing ammunition with the intent to resell it legal for a private individual? Is purchasing anything with intent to resell legal as a private individual?

If it's illegal then prosecute the resellers for failing to charge a sales tax. If it's legal then the correct answer is a community effort to stop buying from gun broker. Small resellers cannot stomach the losses from purchasing ammo at 2x what they can ultimately sell it for, and a few bankruptcies (i.e. some of the more optimistic ones leverage something that they cannot afford to lose such as a house, get stuck with product that is worth 50% of what they paid, and have to find new lodging). among these folks wouldn't greatly sadden me.

ScottDLS

Post by ScottDLS »

MaduroBU wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 2:04 pm Is purchasing ammunition with the intent to resell it legal for a private individual? Is purchasing anything with intent to resell legal as a private individual?

If it's illegal then prosecute the resellers for failing to charge a sales tax. If it's legal then the correct answer is a community effort to stop buying from gun broker. Small resellers cannot stomach the losses from purchasing ammo at 2x what they can ultimately sell it for, and a few bankruptcies (i.e. some of the more optimistic ones leverage something that they cannot afford to lose such as a house, get stuck with product that is worth 50% of what they paid, and have to find new lodging). among these folks wouldn't greatly sadden me.
Are you kidding? OK maybe for ammo I could see that it might be regulated being firearm related/hazmat. But any legal product should be legal for you to buy and do anything you please with it. If you need to collect sales tax then collect it, but then you should also get an exemption from sales tax when you purchase it for resale.

BTW I'm going to Academy today to see what they've got. I've often wondered what happened to the imported ammo from former "Eastern Bloc" that I used to buy in bulk. Maybe they got hit by the China Virus too. But importing could be a great new source to get some. During the last shortage I semi-seriously considered getting myself a federal ammo import/sales license and ordering some container loads from Czechia and Russia and opening my own mail order business.
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

PriestTheRunner
Posts in topic: 2

Post by PriestTheRunner »

ScottDLS wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 2:25 pm But any legal product should be legal for you to buy and do anything you please with it.
Republicans AND Democrats have given up on private property.

Democrats: Obvious examples of "wealth sharing"
Republicans: Closing businesses, lock downs, stimulus payments, bump stocks, asset forfeiture, no knock raids, intelligence gathering and NSA.....

The only honorable Republican governor is Kristi Noem.

Pretending one of these parties is "Pro-small government" and respects property rights is a delusion.

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”