Could A Handgun Have Helped These Women?

So that others may learn.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
dihappy
Posts in topic: 2

Could A Handgun Have Helped These Women?

Post by dihappy »

I was just reading some stuff about the murders of women in and around Juarez Mexico and found some murders that i feel would of or could have been prevented had these women or their friends had a conceal carry permit, or even just a gun in their home.

Its really quite sad and proof that sometimes, things like this happens.

Excerps:
The Murders

ARANSAS COUNTY

Michelle R. Brown, 20,
Residence: Holiday Beach
August 4, 2000
She was shot to death by her boyfriend, Mario Montellano, 41. When sheriff’s deputies burst into her barricaded home to investigate reports of gunfire, they found Brown bleeding in Montellano's arms. Montellano was charged with murder.

BEXAR COUNTY

Judy Alcoser, 28
Residence: San Antonio
June 22, 2000
She was shot to death with a .40-caliber semiautomatic pistol by her ex-boyfriend, Richard Bruno Gonzalez, 28. According to the police, Gonzalez broke into the apartment they once shared and killed Alcosar and her 18-year-old roommate. Gonzalez then killed himself. Alcosar’s three children were able to escape the apartment unharmed.

Lesa K. Garcia, 34
Residence: San Antonio
February 21, 2000

Her bodywas found beaten and strangled to death by her mother after her coworkers called to say Garcia had not shown up for work. The night before she was killed, Garcia had cancelled dinner plans with her parents as she waited for her estranged husband Daniel D.Garcia, 41, to return their two sons from a weekend visitation. Blood and hair samples taken from Daniel Garcia matched evidence found on Lesa Garcia’s fingernails.He was convicted and sentenced to 99 years in prison. An appeals court ordered a new trial saying prosecutors wrongly emphasized a fight the couple

http://209.85.165.104/search?q=cache:Ep ... cd=5&gl=us
Last edited by dihappy on Mon Oct 01, 2007 11:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Xander
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Xander »

Highly unlikely. Both were murdered by people close to them, who could see and take advantage of vulnerabilities. You can't defend against insiders.

TX Rancher

Post by TX Rancher »

I agree with Xander on the first and third one. The way the articles are written it sounds like the attacker was very close, and the odds were the women would not have been able to bring their weapons into play. Of course there’s always the possibility, but not likely in the majority of cases.

#2 may have some merit though. Since it was a breaking, and the kids had enough time to escape, it’s possible had she had access to a firearm the outcome would have been different.

But to me here’s a key point, in all three cases I don’t see where having a firearm would have made the situation any worse for the women…

Topic author
dihappy
Posts in topic: 2

Post by dihappy »

Yeah, its tuff when a family member is the one doin the murderin.

Venus Pax

Post by Venus Pax »

I don't think it could have made the outcome much worse.
The question would be Would they have used it?
"If a man breaks in your house, he ain't there for iced tea." Mom & Dad.

The NRA & TSRA are a bargain; they're much cheaper than the cold, dead hands experience.

anygunanywhere

Post by anygunanywhere »

"If the frog had a back pocket he could carry around a .45 to keep snakes from eating him".

Actually this is worded somewhat different when I use it, but it still retains the meaning.

We can always "what if". I agree with Venus as well. If they had access to one, it might have made a difference, but they would have had to use it.

Anygun
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

Return to “Never Again!!”