Posts in topic: 2

Post by 9mmGuy »

o didnt see that part.
Luck favors the Prepared
G19c, G26, KT P11, Mossberg Mav 88, 10/22

nightdragon
Posts in topic: 1

Post by nightdragon »

It's a sad day when young people choose to throw their lives away...but glad another young man and many more possible victims were sparred. I love my sks and don't know his motives for using it...but I've seen was a .45acp actually does to the human body at 5,10, and 20 yards compared to the 7.62x39 and .223 and I would disagree with you guys about the rifle dealing more damage. The slower moving .45acp at close ranges usually doesn't pass through the target and has a better chance of transmitting it's "force" to the target...whereas the 7.62x39 would more then likely shoot through the target at close quarters....but thats just me over analyzing things lol.....got too much time on my hands....I need me a job lol

txinvestigator
Posts in topic: 3

Post by txinvestigator »

seamusTX wrote:A couple of comments on points mentioned earlier:

I don't want to restart the "assault rifle" debate, but if it's not automatic or select-fire, it's just a rifle.

There is no legal prohibition on carrying long guns for guard duty as long is it's not in one of the places weapons prohibited, which the parking lot of a mall certainly is not.

- Jim
Jiim, the Texas Occupations Code restricts the firearms guards can carry on duty. They can only carry a firearm on duty if they are commissioned. and for the category of gun they are carrying. Those categories are; NSA, handguns that are not semi-automatic- SA, handguns including semi-automatic, and STG, for shotgun. There is no category for rifle carry, and rifle carry is illegal for a security guard.
*CHL Instructor*

"Speed is Fine, but accuracy is final"- Bill Jordan

Remember those who died, remember those who killed them.

txinvestigator

Post by txinvestigator »

seamusTX wrote:
There's no law against having a rifle generally. There may be some regulation about licensed security guards having to be certified on a weapon.

Security guards need to have specific legislation about carrying handguns to make them exempt from PC 46.02.

- Jim
The Texas Occupations Code IS law, and person violating sections of it can be criminally charged. Most violations are class A misdemeanors.
*CHL Instructor*

Topic author
seamusTX
Posts in topic: 5

Post by seamusTX »

txinvestigator wrote:... the Texas Occupations Code restricts the firearms guards can carry on duty. They can only carry a firearm on duty if they are commissioned. and for the category of gun they are carrying. Those categories are; NSA, handguns that are not semi-automatic- SA, handguns including semi-automatic, and STG, for shotgun.
I did not know that.

So the guy was lucky not to be charged in some way? Or maybe he was after the dust settled. The media rarely follow up on things like that. (I did a Google search to no avail. There's nothing after the initial story.)

- Jim

txinvestigator

Post by txinvestigator »

seamusTX wrote:
txinvestigator wrote:... the Texas Occupations Code restricts the firearms guards can carry on duty. They can only carry a firearm on duty if they are commissioned. and for the category of gun they are carrying. Those categories are; NSA, handguns that are not semi-automatic- SA, handguns including semi-automatic, and STG, for shotgun.
I did not know that.

So the guy was lucky not to be charged in some way? Or maybe he was after the dust settled. The media rarely follow up on things like that. (I did a Google search to no avail. There's nothing after the initial story.)

- Jim
I have had several conversations with people versed on the Occupations Code. No one seems to know if DPS is going to file either criminally or administratively on the guard for having the rifle; however, since he was in his car (maybe taking a break) there is an argument that he was not carrying the rifle.
*CHL Instructor*

austin
Posts in topic: 1

Post by austin »

seamusTX wrote:
I did not know that.

- Jim

He is lucky to be alive. Glad he had a rifle.

WarHawk-AVG
Posts in topic: 2

Post by WarHawk-AVG »

nightdragon wrote:It's a sad day when young people choose to throw their lives away...but glad another young man and many more possible victims were sparred. I love my sks and don't know his motives for using it...but I've seen was a .45acp actually does to the human body at 5,10, and 20 yards compared to the 7.62x39 and .223 and I would disagree with you guys about the rifle dealing more damage. The slower moving .45acp at close ranges usually doesn't pass through the target and has a better chance of transmitting it's "force" to the target...whereas the 7.62x39 would more then likely shoot through the target at close quarters....but thats just me over analyzing things lol.....got too much time on my hands....I need me a job lol
I hate to disagree..but at 5,10, and 20 yards a rifle is IMMENSLY more devistating than even the most powerful of handguns

Simple science and fact have proven otherwise

I know its nowhere near scientific or even viable..but seeing what different firearms are capable is a good start

http://www.theboxotruth.com/

No situation will ever equal..but one thing rings true brother...a rifle is for fighting...a pistol is for fighting your way to a rifle
A sheepdog says "I will lead the way. I will set the highest standards. ...Your mission is to man the ramparts in this dark and desperate hour with honor and courage." - Lt. Col. Grossman
‘All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing’ - Edmond Burke

Return to “Never Again!!”