Don't let your guard down

So that others may learn.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Will938
Posts in topic: 1

Don't let your guard down

Post by Will938 »

I live 15 miles from anywhere, I used to be a little on edge about the lack of light outside and the abundance of four legged critters. So I always went outside at night with a light and pistol.

Well today I was taking out my contacts and realized that I left my glasses in my truck. Well I'm pretty much blind, and both my pistols were in the truck. I head outside to my truck not even 50 feet away. As I'm walking down the deck I'm thinking "Now would be the worst time for something to happen." And what could go wrong? Well it started with a growl, very close, like within 15 feet. I spun around and wound my fist back letting out a little yelp on the way. A white blur shot out from the darkness under the deck, what I think was some sort of lab, was already within feet of me. It jumped up, I'm not sure if it planned on biting me or was just looking to be pet, but I didn't wait. I didn't even think about it, by the time I figured out what was going on my fist was already in terminal flight. I'm pretty sure I got it right in the snout because it got into my skin a bit. I thought I was about to end up on the ground with this dog, but it took off into the darkness. I retrieved my glasses and P228, can't find the dog. I think it's my neighbor's, and I was always scared of their dogs getting out when I went jogging since they would run to the edge of the fence and start barking. I always remember being afraid there was a hole each time time.

Anyhow, the one time I didn't pack and went outside blind. Don't drop your guard.

longtooth
Posts in topic: 1

Post by longtooth »

Things like that are why I adopted my signature.
Carry 24-7 or guess right.
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA/TSRA Life Member - TFC Member #11

Return to “Never Again!!”