Even If You Know Them Be Aware

So that others may learn.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
nightdragon
Posts in topic: 3

Even If You Know Them Be Aware

Post by nightdragon »

I'm going to tell you what caused me to rethink my lifestyle and bad habits.

It was a friday night in march 2006 and I was relaxing after hard day of work. I called a friend who I had planned on going to a bar with and she said she wasn't going out tonight and apologized. I said my business and got off the phone. Grabbed a shot glass and had a shot then headed outside to have a smoke. A neighbor girl who I had talked to a hung out with before walked past with a girl friend(both were smoking hot). I checked them out as they walked by, and when they noticed me on the second story porch they said hey and came up and asked if they could hang out with me. This is when I made my first mistake(letting unfamiliar people into my quarters) I said,"yea but unless your 21 your not drinkin any of my alcohol". The looked a little disappointed but said,"well can we atleast have a soda?" I replied,"yes their in the fridge in the crisper"(second mistake, letting them open MY fridge). They both grab a soda and we sit down, hang out talk about stuff that seamed important at the time....the one girl tuned mt guitar even tho it's missing a string. Well they finish their sodas and say they should be going, by this time I've had a few mixed drink(third mistake drinking with people I should not trust). They ask if they can have a soda for the road, I again make the mistake of allowing them to open my fridge and get it themselves. They say that they will come back later and hang out some more. I go back to my living room and sit down having another drink. About an hour later they come back with a male friend supposedly the one girls brother visiting from Detroit. As I'm unfamiliar with him I hesitate to let him in, but the girls squeeze on through inside saying the one girl though she left her cell phone here(by this time I was wondering what was going on). He starts talking to me at my door about how dangerous Detroit is and showing me a cut on his knee from supposedly being stabbed a week ago. And as he finishes his story the girls squeeze right back past me with their purses held close to them. By the time I realized they had taken something he had already started back out the hallway door. I look back inside wondering what happened and realizing the one girl hadn't even taken a cell phone out of her purse. Thats when I check the fridge. My $30 bottle of Jack Daniels and a $14 bottle of UV Blue Raspberry Vodka are gone and I notice the freezer door is slightly ajar. I say to myself,"oh crap my money!" I open up the freezer and sure enough my $50 I stored in a ziplock behind a tv dinner was gone. I called the local PD who didn't have anyone on duty, then called the county sheriff's who didnt care to send anyone out till the next business day. No charges were ever filed. Morale of the story, Don't trust people you barely know and be aware of whats going on. Needless to say I no longer drink by myself and don't let people I don't trust into my apartment.

P.S. a few weeks later I received my taxe refund and purchased a WASR-10 and kept it on a gun rack in the living room with an unloaded magazine in it but a loaded one in my pocket. The same girls came back a week after I purchased it and I made sure to tell them they weren't welcome and held the door open far enough the could see the WASR ont eh wall. You should have seen their eyes when they noticed it. I would have irritated myself laughing had I not been angry that they though I was stupid enough to fall for it twice.

atxgun
Posts in topic: 2

Post by atxgun »

I think there's definitely something to be said about being careful about who you let into you house. However at the same time you can't live locked up like a hermit. All in all just be greatful all they made off with was some booze and $50.

dukalmighty
Posts in topic: 1

Post by dukalmighty »

you might of made a mistake letting them see your firearm on the wall,if they want a rifle they just wait til they see ya leave and kick the door,and now they have a semi automatic rifle

Will938

Post by Will938 »

When I was younger I was always too eager to help someone out. My father set me straight with a couple girls I let make a phone call. Got them out in a no so eloquent manner. Sure enough after they leave we get a call (about 11PM) so I pick up and ask who it is and why they're calling so late. It's one of the guys who was talking to this girl. He knows for sure she's still here and wants to talk to her about his friend's missing wallet. I explain that she's gone and tell him not to call back. He says that if I don't get her on the phone that I had "better shoot through the door". I've seen this guy, he knows where I live. In the infinite wisdom of my youth I told him neither I nor my ammo would have any problem going through the door or him, and that I wasn't going to deal with threats like this. I have your number, I have your name, and I'm calling the cops. He said something like I'd better not before I hung up. I never called and he never came by (neighbor's friend). But I learned not to be so willing to help, and if I was it would be on my very specific terms.

atxgun

Post by atxgun »

txinvestigator wrote:Paragraphs are your friend. That is difficult to read.

:iagree: :lol:

Longtooths

Post by Longtooths »

I would go as far as to say, this thread is useless without pictures....or video :grin:
I'm from Texas, what country are you from?

Topic author
nightdragon

Post by nightdragon »

I wish I had video...they had nice hind quarters if ya know what I mean lol Thank got about a year ago that entire family got evicted...now we just have a guy in town who thinks everyones cars are free game if their left unlocked. Pretty sad that I can't leave my $100 cars doors unlocked in a town for 300 people.

numist

Re: Even If You Know Them Be Aware

Post by numist »

[quote="nightdragon"] I called the local PD who didn't have anyone on duty, then called the county sheriff's who didnt care to send anyone out till the next business day. [/quote]

O.k, what part of Mayberry do you live in? :)

That's pretty bad that you don't have any 'round the clock law around there.

Topic author
nightdragon

Post by nightdragon »

haha our police department is part time....by part time I mean their here for an hour a week IF that. And county sheriffs take 30 minutes to get here even if the 911 call is for an individual being attacked in the middle of the street by multiple attackers.....that individual was me October of 06.

numist

Post by numist »

nightdragon wrote:haha our police department is part time....by part time I mean their here for an hour a week IF that. And county sheriffs take 30 minutes to get here even if the 911 call is for an individual being attacked in the middle of the street by multiple attackers.....that individual was me October of 06.
Wow! I didn't mean to make light of your plight but wow! Your situation is certainly an affirmation of the right to bear arms for sure.

lawrnk

Post by lawrnk »

On the bright side...they were hot. Imagine how badly this would be if they were ugly on top of everything! :lol: J/k

In all seriousness, I feel ya. I lose 20 IQ points with every drink I have. Throw in attractive girls and it could have happened to maqny fellows on here.

KD5NRH

Post by KD5NRH »

nightdragon wrote:haha our police department is part time....by part time I mean their here for an hour a week IF that. And county sheriffs take 30 minutes to get here even if the 911 call is for an individual being attacked in the middle of the street by multiple attackers.....that individual was me October of 06.
This is *exactly* why so many of us clear our own houses/yards. I'm not in town, but depending on the deputies on duty, (usually two for the entire county at night, so if one needs backup, that ties up the whole force in one spot) what they're doing (they're not likely to rush a domestic dispute for a possible prowler) and where they're doing it, (at least one place I can think of has them 30mi from my house, with the first five being badly maintained dirt road) a response can take quite a while. Of course, if I'm wrong, that means 45+ minutes of wild goose chase for all the county's available deputies at the time.

Out here, we dial 911 only when we've confirmed that something's fishy, and we like those little headsets that make it possible to handle a pump shotgun while calling.

seeker_two
Banned

Post by seeker_two »

You know trouble's coming when you hear the phrases "smoking hot" and "bottle of Jack" in anyone's story... :lol:

Whiskey & women just make life more interesting.... :cool:
Howdy y'all. Glad to be here.....

Return to “Never Again!!”