Stun gun ineffective in self defense

So that others may learn.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
seamusTX
Posts in topic: 2

Stun gun ineffective in self defense

Post by seamusTX »

An Atlanta man tried to use a stun gun to defend himself against a carjacker and was shot five times. The victim crashed his vehicle after being shot, and the carjacker got away. The victim is expected to survive.

Money quote from police officer:
"Make the situation safe for you. You know you have to get away from that person. Just try to give the car up."
http://www.11alive.com/news/article_new ... yid=106124

- Jim

txinvestigator
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Stun gun ineffective in self defense

Post by txinvestigator »

seamusTX wrote:An Atlanta man tried to use a stun gun to defend himself against a carjacker and was shot five times. The victim crashed his vehicle after being shot, and the carjacker got away. The victim is expected to survive.

Money quote from police officer:
"Make the situation safe for you. You know you have to get away from that person. Just try to give the car up."
http://www.11alive.com/news/article_new ... yid=106124

- Jim
Stun Guns are different than TASERs. They tend to be inneffective. That said, it is foolish to attempt to use a Stun Gun, TASER, OC, etc, against a man wielding a gun.

In this situation, the best thing to do would have been to bail from the vehicle. Persons (me, in this case) over property.
*CHL Instructor*

"Speed is Fine, but accuracy is final"- Bill Jordan

Remember those who died, remember those who killed them.

Topic author
seamusTX
Posts in topic: 2

Post by seamusTX »

I agree that a non-lethal weapon is not a good choice for an assailant who has a firearms at the ready.

If the driver in this case had locked his doors, the entire situation probably wouldn't have happened.

- Jim

dukalmighty

Post by dukalmighty »

That is why i carry because in that situation he woulda been shocked when i filled him fulla lead,and i guess i should probably lock my doors after getting in but i never think about it,time to change a habit and lock my doors during travel to prevent unwanted guests from jumping in

GrillKing

Re: Stun gun ineffective in self defense

Post by GrillKing »

txinvestigator wrote:Persons (me, in this case) over property.
:iagree: 100% of the time.

Return to “Never Again!!”