So that others may learn.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
LarryH
Posts in topic: 1

Video warning from Broward County, Florida, Sheriff'f Office

Post by LarryH »

Received this in e-mail this morning.

"Please take a moment to view this video and pass it along. It's not a joke or chain letter. It could help prevent you from being a victim of theft.

"Subject: A must read from Broward County , FL Sheriff's Office

"This is exactly why I lock my doors when pumping gas. This video is well worth your time to watch.

"This is a 3 1/2 minute video produced by the Broward County, Florida, Sheriff's Office. Identity thieves are at it again, this time targeting people at gas stations. This sort of crime never occurred to me, especially since many of us never leave the side of our car when pumping gas anymore.

"The footage of the actual crime being committed is shocking . Amazing how easy it is to pull off. Please take heed and pass it along to friends, families, and coworkers. Click on the link below."

http://video.sheriff.org/psa_cartheft.shtml

HighVelocity
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Video warning from Broward County, Florida, Sheriff'f Office

Post by HighVelocity »

That's a good video. I always take the keys and lock the doors when I am pumping gas, and always have. It's a good habit to have.
I also angle the vehicle in such a way that it prevents anyone from approaching me from the rear AND would protect me from a runnaway vehicle or a rogue wheel from the freeway.
I am scared of empty guns and keep mine loaded at all times. The family knows the guns are loaded and treats them with respect. Loaded guns cause few accidents; empty guns kill people every year. -Elmer Keith. 1961

Return to “Never Again!!”