Florida man shoots own shadow

So that others may learn.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
seamusTX
Posts in topic: 1

Florida man shoots own shadow

Post by seamusTX »

An Orlando-area man who was reportedly using drugs shot at his own shadow, causing the condominium complex that he lived in to be evacuated (barely more information at the link below).

http://www.local6.com/news/15697258/detail.html

- Jim

Keith B
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Florida man shoots own shadow

Post by Keith B »

I've heard of someone being afraid of their own shadow, but this takes the cake! Who says drugs don't make you paranoid?? "rlol"
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

Rokyudai

Post by Rokyudai »

Authorities seek the shadow for further questioning but attempts to contact him at the time have been unsuccessful as he keeps disappearing especially on cloudy days. The Punxatawny Phil Groundhog Campaign ,a 'grassroots' organization for the sensible control of shadow-related violence, has already offered representation for the victim of the shooting. A shadow 'lie-in' will be observed by those in protest Wednesday. It is expected to go from sun up to sun down.....
NRA Benefactor Member

Keith B
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Keith B »

"rlol" :mrgreen: :smilelol5: :thumbs2:
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

Tactical_Texan_CHL

Post by Tactical_Texan_CHL »

by Rokyudai on Tue Mar 25, 2008 9:57 am

Authorities seek the shadow for further questioning but attempts to contact him at the time have been unsuccessful as he keeps disappearing especially on cloudy days. The Punxatawny Phil Groundhog Campaign ,a 'grassroots' organization for the sensible control of shadow-related violence, has already offered representation for the victim of the shooting. A shadow 'lie-in' will be observed by those in protest Wednesday. It is expected to go from sun up to sun down.....
"rlol" :smilelol5: Ladies and gentlemen, Rokyudai will be here all week. Remember, his 9:30 show is completely different than his 7:30 show!!!
TacTex
NRA Life Member

bpet

Post by bpet »

Sounds to me like a justified shooting. The poor man was in fear for his life and took action. :mrgreen:

Where's the issue here?? :headscratch

I definitely see a "no bill" in this poor man's future. :rules:
"Limit politicians to two terms. One in office and one in jail!" (Borrowed from an anonymous donor)

dukalmighty

Post by dukalmighty »

bpet wrote:Sounds to me like a justified shooting. The poor man was in fear for his life and took action. :mrgreen:

Where's the issue here?? :headscratch

I definitely see a "no bill" in this poor man's future. :rules:
No bill,No gun,Padded room.This is the kind of stuff the Anti's love,Somebody that uses drugs in possession of a firearm,and shooting at his own shadow.A few years ago I know a guy that was all coked up and thought BG's were after him, when the cops talked him out of the house he had guns and ammo in every window of the house and if the paperboy or somebody would of walked up in the yard they could of been killed because he was out of his self drug induced mind.
It is said that if you line up all the cars in the world end-to-end, someone would be stupid enough to try to pass them

FightinAggieCHL

Post by FightinAggieCHL »

It is clear that the man's life was in danger. Imminent and immediate danger! The shadow had a gun! I'll bet it was even aiming at the same time the man was...
The right to bear arms shall NOT be infringed.

Always cheat; always win. The only unfair fight is the one you lose.

HighVelocity

Post by HighVelocity »

Just because someone is paranoid doesn't mean the worlds not out to get him. :leaving
I am scared of empty guns and keep mine loaded at all times. The family knows the guns are loaded and treats them with respect. Loaded guns cause few accidents; empty guns kill people every year. -Elmer Keith. 1961

thankGod

Post by thankGod »

That poor guy was not paranoid, he was afraid. He was being followed and had been for years.
thankGod
NRA Life Member
TSRA
"Be watchful, stand firm in your faith, be courageous, be strong." 1Cor16:13

texasmr2

Post by texasmr2 »

Rokyudai wrote:Authorities seek the shadow for further questioning but attempts to contact him at the time have been unsuccessful as he keeps disappearing especially on cloudy days. The Punxatawny Phil Groundhog Campaign ,a 'grassroots' organization for the sensible control of shadow-related violence, has already offered representation for the victim of the shooting. A shadow 'lie-in' will be observed by those in protest Wednesday. It is expected to go from sun up to sun down.....
:lol:: That's great!!
Peace Officer

Return to “Never Again!!”