Two carry guns = extra measue of caution

So that others may learn.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
petroleumag07
Posts in topic: 1

Two carry guns = extra measue of caution

Post by petroleumag07 »

So my daily carry for work is a Kahr CW40 in a CrossBreed Supertuck. I have to dress business for work so the Kahr is a wonderful gun for my situation. I have it loaded with 155 gr Hydrashoks.

On the weekends or when untucked carry is available, I wear a Kimber Custom CDP II in a Comp-Tac CTAC holster. It is loaded with 230 gr Hydrashoks.

One friday evening I went to undo my work belt and remove my Kahr, taking out the mag an clearing the chamber, leaving the +1 and the mag on the table. I went to unload my 1911 to get my holster situated and find out where the best place to carry it was (new holster). When I reloaded my 1911 I put the magazine in, manipulated the slide and took the +1 .45 bullet and placed it ever so easily in the magazine.

Thank the good Lord that nothing happened.

When I got home I noticed a larger than normal .40 Hydrashok cartidge sitting on the table, and I was very nervous to see a runt .45 cartridge next in line in my Kimber's mag. :leaving

LarryH
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Two carry guns = extra measue of caution

Post by LarryH »

Good lesson.

I found myself trying to stuff a 9mm cartridge into a .380 magazine, one Saturday morning at the range. Fortunately noticed it before putting the mag into the pistol.

Lesson learned: when practicing with more than one pistol at a time, keep the pistols and ammo strictly segregated, preferably only take one at a time out of the range bag(s).

Return to “Never Again!!”