Laundry was never so dangerous

So that others may learn.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
ironsights
Posts in topic: 1

Laundry was never so dangerous

Post by ironsights »

This was a few years back, but I lived in some old apartments that were not built very well (no carpet padding or ceiling insulation) and I lived on the second floor. My son was about two at the time and I was a single father. I also worked nights. The floors were so bad that when i would walk to the kitchen at night for water my neighbors would bang on their ceiling. This went on for a while so I decided to introduce myself and give them my phone number so they could call if there was any further problem. They were very angry with me at this time so I just tried to be as polite as possible and kill them with kindness. The problem continued so I notified the manager of the complex but he was unable to do anything but talk with them. Then the police started showing up at my door and we (the LEO's) got to know each other on a first name basis. I was very young at the time so the officers assumed I was a hardy partier. They found out though that I was doing all I could and told me I should file a complaint. For some reason I did not.
Not long after the officers had a talk with them I went down to do my laundry. I waited for my clothes to finish and began back to the stairs when my path to the stairway was blocked by two pretty big fellows (I'm pretty small framed) who wasted no time in telling me how they were going to harm me. We stared at each other for a few seconds and I just stayed quiet and waiting. Then it happened, they made a move for me! I hurled my laundry basket at them (well I was so close I about handed it to them!) and that was just enough break to get in between them and head for the stairs. They were on me in seconds and only about fifteen feet away when I got to my door. I instantly ran inside and they followed me. They were at my bedroom door when I produced my pump 12 ga. with 00buck. and racked a round. I'm glad that they ran and you could sure here some expressive language on there way out.
I called the Police and a few days later I was moved to a different apartment that was bigger for the same price by the management.

Daltex1

Re: Laundry was never so dangerous

Post by Daltex1 »

Wow, I bet they had to change their drawers after that, did u have anymore run-ins with them since u still lived in the same complex? :hurry:

tboesche

Post by tboesche »

Said it before, and I'll say it again. THERE IS NO MORE TERRIFYING SOUND THAN THE RACK OF A 12GA.
"Water's, wet, The sky is blue. And old Satan Claws, He's out there, and he's just getting stronger." Joe Halenbeck
"So what do we do about it?" Jimmie Dix
"Be prepared, Junior, That's my motto, Be Prepared". Joe Halenbeck

bdickens

Post by bdickens »

Except maybe the discharge of one.
Byron Dickens

Liko81

Post by Liko81 »

bdickens wrote:Except maybe the discharge of one.
All you'll hear if you're ever unlucky enough to be on the receiving end of a 12-gauge blast is click, then crunch. In an enclosed area, not only is a shotgun blast literally deafeningly loud, but the shock wave gets to you roughly the same time as the shot; shotshells can and do approach the speed of sound. You'll "hear" the internal sounds of shot hitting you before you register the sound of the blast. So, that "cha-chak" is the loudest noise a BG will ever hear in a house he's burglarizing at night unless your first shot misses.

dukalmighty

Post by dukalmighty »

I keep one in the chamber so you won't hear the slide racking,you chase me in my house with intent to do bodily harm and you will be leaving in a body bag
It is said that if you line up all the cars in the world end-to-end, someone would be stupid enough to try to pass them

Mr.Scott

Post by Mr.Scott »

Daltex1 wrote:Wow, I bet they had to change their drawers after that, did u have anymore run-ins with them since u still lived in the same complex? :hurry:
I'm looking for Ray Finkle.

<Shotgun slide racking>

And a clean pair of shorts.
DIVIDED WE STAND, UNITED WE FALL

DoubleJ

Post by DoubleJ »

:smilelol5:

best part about that is it's a side X side... :coolgleamA:
FWIW, IIRC, AFAIK, FTMP, IANAL. YMMV.

Return to “Never Again!!”