Never sleep with the doors unlocked!

So that others may learn.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B, Charles L. Cotton

ELB
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Never sleep with the doors unlocked!

Post by ELB »

Pawpaw wrote:
ELB wrote:Did your parents notice the holes in the wall or did you get them filled in before that? ;-)
What wall?
Charles L. Cotton wrote:The cabin had a full width screen porch on the front with four double beds and ceiling fans.
Screen wire is pretty easy to replace. ;-)
Ah, I was not thinking about the "wall" being screen wire. :lol:
USAF 1982-2005

Soccerdad1995
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

I had a similar experience a couple years after my first wife and I got married. We were living in a single wide trailer and the door was not the most secure. No kids at the time, so I usually kept my Norinco under my pillow. I woke up in the middle of the night and saw someone crouching at the foot of my bed. I bolted up, gun in hand, and shouted at him to freeze, which he did. This also startled my wife awake. She turned on the lamp next to the bed to reveal a pile of clothing on top of a box. Apparently, she had placed it there after I had gone to sleep. Very unsettling.

omegaman
Posts in topic: 1

Post by omegaman »

that's a great story Soccerdad1995

Jusme

Post by Jusme »

I never actually got to the point of drawing, but back when I was a LEO, I came home from working the evening shift at approximately 11:30 p.m. Since everyone was already asleep, I didn't turn on the lights. I walked through our entry hall, and just as I got to the living room, there was a man crouched down just past the entryway to my left. I immediately swung my left arm out and knocked him to the ground, as I reached for my gun with my right. Something about the guy felt funny, and as my wife came running in, I turned on the light and saw that I had successfully dispatched a rubber tree plant that she had brought home from work that day. :oops:
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

Pawpaw

Post by Pawpaw »

Many years ago, when my son was little, we lived for a time in a Sears & Roebuck house sitting on a half section of wheat field. We frequently slept with the windows open to catch the cool night breeze.

One night my wife woke me and whispered, "There's someone in the yard!". Immediately wide awake, I jumped out of bed and grabbed my .38 from the top of the closet. As I crept into the living room, I saw our small dog staring at the Northeast corner of the house and emitting a low growl.

I slipped quietly out the back (West) door. I took about one step to the north when I saw a blur coming from the side of the house. I thumbed back the hammer, raised the pistol and started tracking the blur. Just as everything came into focus I saw it over the top of my sights, perfectly silhouetted against the clear night sky... a coyote going over the back fence.

I think it took me an hour to stop shaking and go back to sleep.
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

Return to “Never Again!!”