Accidental Discharge! My brother was shot!

So that others may learn.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B, Charles L. Cotton

Lumberjack98
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Lumberjack98 »

Glad to hear that everyone will be okay (eventually).

Thanks for sharing your story as a reminder.
NRA Lifetime Member
TSRA Lifetime Member

longtooth
Posts in topic: 2

Post by longtooth »

Good word jcliff. Well said. +1 here.
Carry 24-7 or guess right.
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA/TSRA Life Member - TFC Member #11

revjen45

Post by revjen45 »

Upon having graduated from Gunsmithing school I wuz thinkin' I wuz kewl and had this gun thing in hand. I was staying with friends who were out for the evening and savoring some low-budget vino while caressing a .45 Commander. The gun was unloaded while I appreciated my craftsmanship and I reloaded to put it away, involving inserting the magazine, chambering a round, and topping off the magazine. In a moment of inattention I wanted to savor the fine job I had done on the trigger and was surprised/chagrined by the muzzle blast. Let's just say my Guardian Angel hadn't punched out and was still watching out for this fool because the path of the bullet was parallel to my left forearm at a distance of 2"-3". (The load was a 250 gr LSWC. Had my G.A. not been watching out for me my signature line would be Stumpy.) The bullet went through a photo cube, the wall, the plastic sheet over the roto-tiller (just missing the machine itself by what I can only imagine was less than 1/8"), traveled along the ground and into a tree in the yard. Did I learn my lesson from this? Yup.

Glad your brother will be OK.
Better to perish in struggle for freedom than live to see defeat.

quidni

Post by quidni »

DMoses - how's your brother healing? You both doing OK?
TSRA / NRA
KA5RLA
All guns have at least two safeties. One's digital, one's cognitive. In other words - keep the digit off the trigger until ready to fire, and THINK. Some guns also have mechanical safeties on top of those. But if the first two don't work, the mechanical ones aren't guaranteed. - me

bluelineman

Post by bluelineman »

Hope everythig turns out OK.

I read somewhere that another rule to follow when handling or cleaning guns is ignore any distractions (phone, doorbell, etc.) because you tend to forget where you left off with the cleaning process.

scooter03

Post by scooter03 »

God works in so mysterious ways, in saying, Im am glad to hear that everyone is still here to tell the stories. We all learn from these. I have just acquired a pistol to take the chl. In all my life I was always, and I mean always taught to never DRY FIRE. It will hurt the gun. Maybe that wont hurt the gun according to so many. But this is just a safety habit of mine that I keep in mind.

thanks to all.

anygunanywhere

Re: Accidental Discharge! My brother was shot!

Post by anygunanywhere »

DMoses wrote: They got him bandaged and whisked him away to of all places "Ben Taub".
Ben Taub is one of Houston's level one trauma centers. The other one is Hermann.

When POTUS comes to town, the Secret Service set up shop at "The Tub", not Hermann. I did my paramedic training at both hospitals. If you are ever injured and need a ride from HFD, You will be in good hands at Ben Taub ER.

Anygunanywhere.
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

longtooth

Post by longtooth »

DMoses, how about an update on brother & Hand surgery?
Carry 24-7 or guess right.
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA/TSRA Life Member - TFC Member #11

ccoker

Post by ccoker »

glad he's making a recovery and no one is attending a funeral...

ccoker

Post by ccoker »

how's he doing??
prognosis for recovery?

pbandjelly

Post by pbandjelly »

The guy hasn't post in a year, don't think he frequents these parts.

Return to “Never Again!!”