Sam's Club FAIL

So that others may learn.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B, Charles L. Cotton

CollinLeon
Banned
Posts in topic: 10

Re: Sam's Club FAIL

Post by CollinLeon »

jester wrote:Have you considered a thigh holster concealed under your kilt?
Don't have a kilt, don't want one... I just think that a couple of the sporran designs would make for an interesting alternative to a fanny pack for carrying...

KD5NRH
Posts in topic: 4

Post by KD5NRH »

CollinLeon wrote:Other than the strap under his hat looking a bit strange, I don't really see anything wrong with that...
Big black fanny pack in front, filthy sneakers with khakis, and Hawaiian shirt.
Kind of difficult to tell from the photo though... Maybe it was prior to a hurricane in Florida and he needed his hat on tight...
Nope; it's listed as Texas.
It always seemed funny to me that sites that are so vocal on not having their 2nd Amendment rights infringed upon can also be so anti-1st-Amendment.
We don't care how you dress in your own home with the blinds closed, but just for once, it would be helpful if the most vocal advocates of the Second Amendment didn't look like a cross between Bill Engvall and Chewbacca in overalls with no shirt.

CollinLeon
Banned

Post by CollinLeon »

KD5NRH wrote:Big black fanny pack in front, filthy sneakers with khakis, and Hawaiian shirt.
I couldn't really tell from the photo that he had a fanny pack on... I noticed *something* there, but couldn't quite make it out...

With regards to the sneakers, they aren't that bad... I have some that are probably worse than that... I keep meaning to replace them, but it's getting more and more difficult these days to find sneakers that don't look like they belong either on a 1970s pimp or on someone in one of the GLBT parades... Most of the sneakers these days are just butt-ugly...
KD5NRH wrote:Nope; it's listed as Texas.
Well, we have hurricanes and high winds here also...
KD5NRH wrote: We don't care how you dress in your own home with the blinds closed, but just for once, it would be helpful if the most vocal advocates of the Second Amendment didn't look like a cross between Bill Engvall and Chewbacca in overalls with no shirt.
Chewbacca had more hair on the top of his head that I do...

Maybe I'm just not all that politically correct... I guess I just don't support the "cultural diversity" of those who choose to advertise their deviant sexual persuasion by how far they let their pants fall down off their Image.
Last edited by CollinLeon on Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KD5NRH
Posts in topic: 4

Post by KD5NRH »

CollinLeon wrote:I keep meaning to replace them, but it's getting more and more difficult these days to find sneakers that don't look like they belong either on a 1970s pimp or on someone in one of the GLBT parades... Most of the sneakers these days are just butt-ugly...
Check around online, with some of the higher-end non-sneaker companies. Timberland used to have a style in a normal brown leather that looked more like a golf shoe at first glance, but since it didn't have any other colors, it blended nicely. Some others are also doing solid blacks, though I haven't seen a good quality all-white sneaker in a long time.

Then again, except for two pairs of dress boots and one pair of fluffy winter houseshoes, all my footwear is steel-toed anyway, so I don't spend a lot of time looking at sneakers.

CollinLeon
Banned

Post by CollinLeon »

KD5NRH wrote:Check around online, with some of the higher-end non-sneaker companies. Timberland used to have a style in a normal brown leather that looked more like a golf shoe at first glance, but since it didn't have any other colors, it blended nicely. Some others are also doing solid blacks, though I haven't seen a good quality all-white sneaker in a long time.
Shoes are one of those things that I do not buy online... I've had brands in which an 8.5 would fit me and others in which a 10 would fit me. Companies are just not consistent enough in their sizes that I am willing to try buying them online.

Fangs
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Fangs »

Most online shoe stores have a paper you can print out to help measure your feet and how they compare to the store's sizes. :tiphat:

I've had good experiences buying shoes online. Sizes 13 or 14 are hard to find at Wal-Mart.
"When I was a kid, people who did wrong were punished, restricted, and forbidden. Now, when someone does wrong, all of the rest of us are punished, restricted, and forbidden. The one who did the wrong is counselled and "understood" and fed ice cream." - speedsix

CollinLeon
Banned

Post by CollinLeon »

KD5NRH wrote:Then again, except for two pairs of dress boots and one pair of fluffy winter houseshoes, all my footwear is steel-toed anyway, so I don't spend a lot of time looking at sneakers.
Sneakers are for casual Fridays when you can wear jeans to work and for the weekends (when you are also wearing jeans). When I've been lucky enough to work for a company where everyday was "Casual Friday", then sneakers become an all week choice. Dockers / khakis tend to go with some sort of casual lace up loafer / oxford as far as I'm concerned, but if I can get away with wearing jeans and sneakers everyday, I will. I'm too old to go for that "dress to impress" Image.

Ageofease08

Post by Ageofease08 »

:iagree:

fanny pack=gun
-----------
J.A.Salinas
"Natural Selection is another way of God telling you you're an idiot"

USA1
Posts in topic: 2

Post by USA1 »

Ageofease08 wrote::iagree:

fanny pack=gun
I admit it, whenever I see a fanny pack I think gun. Even if it's just a sweet little old lady.
Before my CHL days I just thought "nerd". :lol:
Glock Armorer - S&W M&P Armorer

g31357

Post by g31357 »

always paranoid myself about these things

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

More thread necromancy?
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Oldgringo

Post by Oldgringo »

The Annoyed Man wrote:More thread necromancy?
Yep. There can be only so many new, "what-ifs".

mjoplin

Post by mjoplin »

Has anyone ever tried one of those small pistol (Kel Tec, Ruger, etc) holsters that look like an oversized cell phone case? Have been curious, but not enough to try it yet. Keep a Kel Tec in a pocket holster for daily carry.

Would be interested if anyone has tried one and their feedback on it.
NRA Life Member
I'm environmentally conscious, I only use recycled ammo courtesy of my Dillon 550
This message was created using only recycled electrons

jimlongley

Post by jimlongley »

mjoplin wrote:Has anyone ever tried one of those small pistol (Kel Tec, Ruger, etc) holsters that look like an oversized cell phone case? Have been curious, but not enough to try it yet. Keep a Kel Tec in a pocket holster for daily carry.

Would be interested if anyone has tried one and their feedback on it.
I have carried my .32NAA Guardian BUG in one for a long time, but the case is taking the outline of the gun. Makes it kind of obvious, particularly when worn next to my cell phone.
Real gun control, carrying 24/7/365

Return to “Never Again!!”