Sam's Club FAIL

So that others may learn.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
davidtx
Posts in topic: 2

Sam's Club FAIL

Post by davidtx »

I shopped at one of the San Antonio Sam's Clubs yesterday, dressed in jeans, cowboy boots and a tucked in western shirt. I was carrying a full sized 1911 in a SmartCarry. As I was starting to check out, the cashier looked me in the eye and asked "is that a home made holster?". I looked down and the beaver tail was sticking out above my belt. Yikes! I pulled my pants up and said - "no, actually it isn't". He didn't say anything, just started scanning products. I haven't lost any weight, but all the exercise has paid off in reducing my waste size - tightened the belt a notch when I got back to the truck.

I wonder how long I walked around the store like that...

The Annoyed Man

Re: Sam's Club FAIL

Post by The Annoyed Man »

I'd be willing to bet he's the only one who noticed.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

arod757
Posts in topic: 1

Post by arod757 »

Good job by the cashier to alert you without making a spectacle. It could have been a lot worse. Ask handog. :???:

Topic author
davidtx

Post by davidtx »

arod757 wrote:Good job by the cashier to alert you without making a spectacle. It could have been a lot worse. Ask handog. :???:
Indeed, I've followed all of the handog threads.

A-R

Post by A-R »

arod757 wrote:Good job by the cashier to alert you without making a spectacle. It could have been a lot worse. Ask handog. :???:
:iagree:

Give that cashier a raise for superior customer service.

Though it wouldve been better if he'd used the "you second amendment is showing" line. :patriot:

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

davidtx wrote:I shopped at one of the San Antonio Sam's Clubs yesterday, dressed in jeans, cowboy boots and a tucked in western shirt. I was carrying a full sized 1911 in a SmartCarry. As I was starting to check out, the cashier looked me in the eye and asked "is that a home made holster?". I looked down and the beaver tail was sticking out above my belt. Yikes! I pulled my pants up and said - "no, actually it isn't". He didn't say anything, just started scanning products. I haven't lost any weight, but all the exercise has paid off in reducing my waste size - tightened the belt a notch when I got back to the truck.

I wonder how long I walked around the store like that...
I actually did a Smmy Saunter for my first carry, instead of the traditional Wally Walk. Worked out fine, but I wear untucked shirt tails. My physique just isn'tt right for wearing tucked and I have major issues with my hands that would make it difficult to grap unless the grip is well exposed. Kudo's to the clerk. Nice to know there are some logical, reasonable folks left. I knew there were, it's just nice to be reminded.
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

mymojo

Post by mymojo »

austinrealtor wrote:

Though it wouldve been better if he'd used the "you second amendment is showing" line. :patriot:
I've never heard that one before. I Love it! I hope I can remember it if I ever have the chance to use it!
"Dialing 9-1-1 is wise.... Expecting them to arrive in time to save you is foolish." - Tsung Tzu, The Art of War

ghostrider

Post by ghostrider »

>I'd be willing to bet he's the only one who noticed.

me too. Most people seem to be wrapped up in their own little worlds and wouldn't notice if you were open carrying a chrome plated, double stack 1911, with 2 spare mags, while riding a motorcycle and talking on a cell phone.

I occasionally see plain clothes police officers open carrying in restaurants in Austin and no one seems to notice and the badges aren't always easy to see.
NRA Member
Amateur Radio Operator

jimlongley

Post by jimlongley »

A couple of customers and a co-worker and I were havin a conversation the other day, completely unrelated to guns, and a local police detective walked by with his gun showing, but no badge visible (it was behind some stuff he was carrying) and my co-worker made a remark about it. I know the detective, so I told them what was going on, and then one of the customers made a statement about this being Texas and it was legal to carry guns.

One could wish that was entirely true, but I was kind of amazed to hear it put that way by this young lady who has lived here most of her life. It make me wonder how many people just ignore guns, when noticed, because of that attitude.
Real gun control, carrying 24/7/365

Joe Skeptical

Post by Joe Skeptical »

I was in a deli yesterday buying a sandwich and two state troopers came in, I was carrying "in plain sight", my 3" barrel Kimber .45 ACP in my black leather case strapped to my waist right where I would open carry. At the drink counter one of them commented "that's a good way to carry, convenient, comfortable and you get a fast draw". I chuckled and asked how he "knew" I was carrying. He said he'd prefer open carry anyway, only bad guys hide it. Texas State Troopers! :hurry: :hurry:

Teamless

Post by Teamless »

Joe Skeptical wrote:my 3" barrel Kimber .45 ACP in my black leather case strapped to my waist right where I would open carry.
I'm confused.
Are you actually saying you were carrying in the open and they did nothing?
League City, TX
Yankee born, but got to Texas as fast as I could! NRA / PSC / IANAL

USA1

Post by USA1 »

Teamless wrote:
Joe Skeptical wrote:my 3" barrel Kimber .45 ACP in my black leather case strapped to my waist right where I would open carry.
I'm confused.
Are you actually saying you were carrying in the open and they did nothing?
I think he meant the gun was inside a case (not visible) on his waist.
Something like this maybe...

Glock Armorer - S&W M&P Armorer

Teamless

Post by Teamless »

USA1 wrote:I think he meant the gun was inside a case (not visible) on his waist.
thanks USA1, When I read holster, I obviously assumed traditional rather than covered case.
League City, TX
Yankee born, but got to Texas as fast as I could! NRA / PSC / IANAL

Dad24GreatKids

Post by Dad24GreatKids »

Teamless wrote:
USA1 wrote:I think he meant the gun was inside a case (not visible) on his waist.
thanks USA1, When I read holster, I obviously assumed traditional rather than covered case.

This isn't a product that really interests me, but here's a link to their website. http://www.smartcarry.com/products.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Dad24GreatKids
NRA Life member
TSRA

Dad24GreatKids

Post by Dad24GreatKids »

Joe Skeptical wrote:I was in a deli yesterday buying a sandwich and two state troopers came in, I was carrying "in plain sight", my 3" barrel Kimber .45 ACP in my black leather case strapped to my waist right where I would open carry. At the drink counter one of them commented "that's a good way to carry, convenient, comfortable and you get a fast draw". I chuckled and asked how he "knew" I was carrying. He said he'd prefer open carry anyway, only bad guys hide it. Texas State Troopers! :hurry: :hurry:
Recently a friend who is a LEO told me that anytime he sees someone with a fanny pack he assumes that they are carrying a gun.
Dad24GreatKids
NRA Life member
TSRA

Return to “Never Again!!”