Burglar shot with his own weapon

So that others may learn.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
seamusTX
Posts in topic: 1

Burglar shot with his own weapon

Post by seamusTX »

Burglar enters occupied residence, leaves pistol in living room. Homeowner picks it up, finds burglar in bedroom, bang, bang, bang.

http://www.dfw.com/mld/dfw/15442116.htm

I know criminals are generally dumb, but how could this guy find a doorknob with both hands?

- Jim

The Marshal

Post by The Marshal »

Jim,

You have to imagine that Einstein here must have found the backdoor unlocked, otherwise his criminal career would have been even shorter.

Suprised the homeowner didn't find him with his head off in the refridgerator.

~Bill

GrannyGlock

Post by GrannyGlock »

The Marshal wrote:Suprised the homeowner didn't find him with his head off in the refridgerator.
Would you still aim for the COM? Where would that be with his head in the fridge?

Skipper5

Post by Skipper5 »

lordy lordy lordy....one born every minute....
ha...whata fool!
TX CHL Holder
NRA Life Member
TSRA Member - Yes to Castle Doctrine! Success!!

GlockenHammer

Post by GlockenHammer »

A good examply of why it is important to know how to operate guns other than yours. I carry a glock, so working manual safeties is not something that comes intuitively for me. Good thing this good guy knew how to make that gun operate.

Paladin

Post by Paladin »

That story is absolutely hillarious! :lol: :lol:
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

maximus2161

Post by maximus2161 »

brilliant! Guess the BG didnt see what happened to John Travolta in Pulp Fiction.

txinvestigator

Post by txinvestigator »

FORT WORTH - A suspected burglar shot several times Monday with his own gun remained in critical condition but is expected to survive his injures, police officials said Tuesday.

Avery Harris, 36, checked into Harris Methodist Fort Worth Hospital with gunshot wounds to the abdomen, not long after a Fort Worth man called police to report that he had shot an intruder inside his apartment and that the burglar had fled.

Lt. Gene Jones, a police spokesman, said investigators were able to collect evidence that confirmed Harris was the suspect involved in the burglary. He faces a charge of burglary of a habitation.

Investigators suspect Harris knocked on the door of an apartment at the Village at Post Oak complex in the 3800 block of Great Oak Road about 3:30 p.m. Monday — a common technique used by burglars casing a residence.

“They go and knock. No one answers so they think no ones there,� Jones said.

Ronald White, 36, told police that he heard the knock but was unable to answer the door because he was giving himself a medical treatment.

Minutes later, White heard someone enter his rear patio door. He told police he walked into the living room to investigate and found a handgun lying near his sofa, which he picked up.

The intruder “didn’t think anybody was there. That’s why he put the gun down,� Jones said.

After hearing a noise coming from the bedroom, White, gun in hand, walked into the bedroom where he discovered an unknown man rummaging through a drawer.

White told police the intruder turned and faced him, then reached into his waistband as if to get a weapon. Fearing for his life, White told police that he fired several rounds at the intruder, striking the man in the midsection.

White told police that he then went into another room to call 911 after the intruder requested medical help. Upon returning, White found the intruder gone, police said.

Responding officers followed a trial of blood from the apartment to the parking lot.

*CHL Instructor*

"Speed is Fine, but accuracy is final"- Bill Jordan

Remember those who died, remember those who killed them.

Tote 9

Re: Burglar shot with his own weapon

Post by Tote 9 »

seamusTX wrote:Burglar enters occupied residence, leaves pistol in living room. Homeowner picks it up, finds burglar in bedroom, bang, bang, bang.

http://www.dfw.com/mld/dfw/15442116.htm

I know criminals are generally dumb, but how could this guy find a doorknob with both hands?

- Jim

Extra, Extra, Extra--Dumb, Dumb, Dumb.

casselthief
Banned

Post by casselthief »

I can't honestly tell you what my reaction would have been after the intruder asked for medical attention.
probably something along the lines of a slew of expletives :lol:
and that's why it's important (especially in apartments, haven to scum, it seems) that you always check your peephole (in the door, you pervs!!!), and lock your sliding glass doors. even on the second story.
Ronald White was unable to answer the door because he was giving himself a medical treatment.
so, is that what we're calling it nowadays?
glad no one's busted in one me whilst in the midst of medical treatments! :lol:
"Good, Bad, I'm the guy with the gun..."

Return to “Never Again!!”