Be vigilant

So that others may learn.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B, Charles L. Cotton

Diode
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Diode »

KBCraig wrote:When I was three, I shimmied up the TV antenna pole and walked around on the roof for a while. I sat up there and watched Mom hanging clothes on the line out back.

I shimmied back down, went through the house, and told her where I'd been. (Hey, I was proud of being a good climber!) She didn't believe me, so I showed her.

I had almost reached the eaves when she had that privet hedge switched picked and stripped. Switched me all the way to the ground, she did!

Moms just don't understand. :???:

Kevin
Funny, my mom acted the same way when my brother and I were throwing a 10in. file of dad's in the air and watching it hit the ground.

stevie_d_64
Posts in topic: 1

Post by stevie_d_64 »

Diode wrote:
KBCraig wrote:When I was three, I shimmied up the TV antenna pole and walked around on the roof for a while. I sat up there and watched Mom hanging clothes on the line out back.

I shimmied back down, went through the house, and told her where I'd been. (Hey, I was proud of being a good climber!) She didn't believe me, so I showed her.

I had almost reached the eaves when she had that privet hedge switched picked and stripped. Switched me all the way to the ground, she did!

Kevin
Funny, my mom acted the same way when my brother and I were throwing a 10in. file of dad's in the air and watching it hit the ground.
Or like throwing darts at a dartboard where your "younger" brother was standing under...

We were having William Tell dilusions...Cartoons can have an effect on you like that...

Guess what happened when one of the darts dislodged and fell off the board...

Good thing he wasn't looking up...
"Perseverance and Preparedness triumph over Procrastination and Paranoia every time.” -- Steve
NRA - Life Member
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
Μολών λαβέ!

Diode
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Diode »

stevie_d_64 wrote:
Diode wrote:

Kevin
Or like throwing darts at a dartboard where your "younger" brother was standing under...

We were having William Tell dilusions...Cartoons can have an effect on you like that...

Guess what happened when one of the darts dislodged and fell off the board...

Good thing he wasn't looking up...
It's a wonder any young boys make it to the teens, :grin:

Skipper5
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Skipper5 »

nightstand safes....It will hold my 232, 229 and 239, mags, etc with no problem....keep in armoire...next to bed....5 button on top.
Bought at Academy for around $50 and same one at Mesquite Gun Show for $25....
Really nice and highly recommended.

//John
P.S> Whoever said...placing weapon on higher shelf does not work!....Very true...I could remember holding my Dad's WW II 1911 when I was younger in AZ as a Kid.....The only difference was that my Dad made me go through NRA safety class with him....so even as a kid was very fam with that handgun....b ut most kids are not...and we're usually not so lucky!!!
TX CHL Holder
NRA Life Member
TSRA Member - Yes to Castle Doctrine! Success!!

Return to “Never Again!!”