Always Carry...ALWAYS!!!!

So that others may learn.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B, Charles L. Cotton

MadMonkey
Posts in topic: 3

Re: Always Carry...ALWAYS!!!!

Post by MadMonkey »

Katygunnut wrote:The funny thing is that I usually do give $5 or $10 to the people I see at intersections who are asking for money.
Help 'em pay for that second home eh? ;-)
“Beware the fury of a patient man.” - John Dryden

ixmerlinxi
Posts in topic: 1

Post by ixmerlinxi »

i had just goten my drivers licence when this happened iwas at a light waiting to turn to goto the mall, i had been watching this guy begging for money for a few days he was always there, well i would roll the window up before he got close to me every time, latter that afternoon i was still in the mall i noticed a man well dressed and clean, i could not figure it out for the life of me why he looked fimiler to me the next day i say the bum begging at the light it was like a slap in the face it was him!! he was a profisunal begger, i decided at that moument to never ever let them make me feel bad for them they got more cash then i ever will. never ever trust beggers its the 21st centery and everthing has changed ........
the 21st century changes everything and the human race has to ready

LikesShinyThings

Post by LikesShinyThings »

This is from back in the days when I worked in San Francisco...

At the bottom of the off ramp from the highway, I saw the same "9-months pregnant" woman... looking the same level of pregnant... every weekday for about 6 months solid.
I never give money to beggers. Nuff said.
TSRA Life Member, NRA Benefactor Member, TX CHL

mescobar_rpls

Post by mescobar_rpls »

About 15 years ago, I was working for a small land surveying company. We had to cut about 2 miles of brush to see from one end of some property to the other. This was before GPS. On the way to the job site, we saw a man with a “will work for food” sign. The owner of the company pulled over, offered the man $10 per hour and lunch if he would help us clear the line. The man said, “no, I make more money just standing here.”

I have tried this several time, all with the same answer. Yah, ‘will work for food’ my butt.

I will not enable those who beg for money, period.

Medic624

Post by Medic624 »

Recently saw a sign being held by a 20 something pretty woman that read, "Need help paying for my mothers funeral ... Anything helps ... God bless you"
So, I turn around to see what the story is... Cause okay maaaaybe this is legit and as I turn around it was JUST enough time for me to sit at the light to watch her to pick up her cup and sign as she starts to cross the street toward a Blue F-150 parked under a tree in the Stripmall lot and what do I see??? A guy in a wifebeater T shirt sitting in the truck with his feet up on the dash kickin' back. She walks toward the truck smiling and talking to him joking and pointing to her cup as he sits up and starts the truck.

I thought I had seen a lot but that kicked it up a degree or two of slimy ... :banghead:
:patriot: :txflag: :patriot:
Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam (AMDG)
It is impossible to rightly govern a nation without God and the Bible.
George Washington

boba

Post by boba »

A corollary of "Always Carry" is don't go places where they won't let you. :thumbs2:

MadMonkey

Post by MadMonkey »

boba wrote:A corollary of "Always Carry" is don't go places where they won't let you. :thumbs2:
Indeed. Friends get upset when I won't go with them to bars or other areas where I can't carry... hey, at least I have principles! :mrgreen:

Excaliber
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Excaliber »

MadMonkey wrote:
boba wrote:A corollary of "Always Carry" is don't go places where they won't let you. :thumbs2:
Indeed. Friends get upset when I won't go with them to bars or other areas where I can't carry... hey, at least I have principles! :mrgreen:
You also have the added benefit that staying out of bars keeps you out of all kinds of other trouble that folks who stay in them get into pretty regularly.
Excaliber

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Jeff Cooper
I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of my posts should be construed as legal or professional advice.

MadMonkey

Post by MadMonkey »

Excaliber wrote:You also have the added benefit that staying out of bars keeps you out of all kinds of other trouble that folks who stay in them get into pretty regularly.
Yep. One of my coworkers just got beat up by bikers at a bar downtown. I've never been much of a drinker anyway.. I think I've been to one bar in my life "rlol" I was cured of that need the first (and only) time I drove "tipsy". Scared me so bad I never wanted to do it again.. now if I drink, it's at home.

Deltaboy

Post by Deltaboy »

Glad it turned out alright . My wife told me you don't need your gun to check the odd truck across from the house and I told her I go check I carry.

I put on my shoes and dropped my J frame in a Blackhawk pocket holster in my pocket. The man was marking gas lines in the neighborhood for a local fence company who is installing new fences in our storm damaged neighborhood. :txflag: :tiphat:

It is always better to be like the Scout Motto than not.
I 'm just an Ole Sinner saved by Grace and Smith & Wesson.

Gyrogearhead

Post by Gyrogearhead »

I have to admit that I gave a dollar bill to a "red light begger" once a few years ago. He was holding up a piece of cardboard box with a message scrawled on it that said, "Need money for beer!". How could I resist an honest begger? :lol:

Gerry
"With atomic weapons, as in many other things, knowing what to do isn't nearly so important as knowing what NOT to do." -- J. Robert Oppenheimer, 1946

Wisdom comes from reading the instructions. Experience comes from not reading them!

johnson0317

Post by johnson0317 »

I rarely give money to people just asking for it. I do remember, a couple of years ago, driving down the road and seeing an obviously down-on-his-luck guy sitting in front of an old and closed down 7-11. I am not sure what possessed me, and I have to believe it was a gentle nudging of the Holy Spirit, but I circled around and drove into the parking lot. He looked a little surprised at me pulling up. I held a 20 out the window and and said, "Here, take this, I hope it helps to make your day better". He gave me one of the best smiles I have ever gotten, worth at least 20 bucks. Before he could worry about my agenda, I told him to have a good day and drove off.

I know there are people who think that was nuts, but it just felt right to me. That old, closed store is now one of those places where you can gamble the title to your car for a quick loan. I rarely drive by it that I don't wonder how that guy is doing.

RJ
CHL Received 5/16/11
Proud Member NRA
Proud Member Texas Concealed Handgun Association
Proud Member Second Amendment Foundation
Proud Member of The Truth Squad founded by Tom Gresham. "A lie left unchallenged becomes the truth"

The Mad Moderate

Post by The Mad Moderate »

Gyrogearhead wrote:I have to admit that I gave a dollar bill to a "red light begger" once a few years ago. He was holding up a piece of cardboard box with a message scrawled on it that said, "Need money for beer!". How could I resist an honest begger? :lol:

Gerry
I do like it when they are at least honest about what they want the money for, depending on the day and what kind of mood I'm in I sometime give in and give them my spare change which usually does not exceed a dollar. It upset me though when I see young able bodied people asking for money. And the ones that really gets me is when they have a pet with them, my issue is if you cannot take care of yourself you have no business owning a pet.
American by birth Texan by the grace of God

Not to be a republican at twenty is proof of want of heart; to be one at thirty is proof of want of head.
-Francois Guisot

paulhailes

Post by paulhailes »

loadedliberal wrote:I do like it when they are at least honest about what they want the money for, depending on the day and what kind of mood I'm in I sometime give in and give them my spare change which usually does not exceed a dollar. It upset me though when I see young able bodied people asking for money. And the ones that really gets me is when they have a pet with them, my issue is if you cannot take care of yourself you have no business owning a pet.
Maybe they found the pet as a stray, and took it in off the streets... I mean on the streets. I agree however that if you "cant" provide for yourself or are unwilling to then you have no business having a pet, or a child for that matter.

When I lived in Lubbock this past year a bunch of homeless people got together and created a tent city. It was pretty interesting there were like 20 tents grouped together and all the guys there were actually pretty nice, not one of them asked me for money and I had no fear of them trying to steal my camera as I was working. They created rules for their group, substance abuse was not allowed and you would be forced to leave the group. Most of them were just down on their luck, A church ended up building a building for them to live in I think.

Excaliber
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Excaliber »

loadedliberal wrote:
Gyrogearhead wrote:I have to admit that I gave a dollar bill to a "red light begger" once a few years ago. He was holding up a piece of cardboard box with a message scrawled on it that said, "Need money for beer!". How could I resist an honest begger? :lol:

Gerry
I do like it when they are at least honest about what they want the money for, depending on the day and what kind of mood I'm in I sometime give in and give them my spare change which usually does not exceed a dollar. It upset me though when I see young able bodied people asking for money. And the ones that really gets me is when they have a pet with them, my issue is if you cannot take care of yourself you have no business owning a pet.
Some of these folks keep the pet with them because they have found it increases revenue from dog lovers.
Excaliber

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Jeff Cooper
I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of my posts should be construed as legal or professional advice.

Return to “Never Again!!”