Bearer of (evidently new) CHL exposes self at Plano Academy

So that others may learn.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Pug
Posts in topic: 4

Re: Bearer of (evidently new) CHL exposes self at Plano Acad

Post by Pug »

jmra wrote:Just because someone questions the validity of a story does not mean they are questioning your character. As I recall you were relating this story second hand which makes it at least third hand to me by someone posting on the internet. Sorry if I hurt your feelings but you might need to thicken up that skin.
No skin issues here bud. But I don't run off at the mouth questioning the veracity of someone else's post simply because it doesn't fit my snug little definition of real.

v-rog

Post by v-rog »

Wow, that is quite a reaction! Reasonable minds can disagree.
Pug wrote:
jmra wrote:
v-rog wrote:no offense ment, but this story is very hard to believe.
I agree. Why would the guy have the gun out. It's not like he was buying a part that he needed to ensure a proper fit like a holster. I can't believe anyone would be dumb enough to think they could buy ammo and load it at the counter. This just doesn't make sense.
Frankly, whether you believe it or not is your choice. It happened, and your disbelief won't change the facts. It's a shame that you felt the need to make a stink about it, but your "opinion" has been heard...for whatever that's worth.BTW, I can't believe that a guy would point a loaded .22 to his head and pull the trigger (viewtopic.php?f=26&t=46352" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;) -- but my disblief does not change the fact that he is dead from a self-inflicted gunshot wound.
_____________________________________________________________________________________
Remember 31 Connollystraße & Benghazi
Faith Under Fire ISBN# 9780307408815

jmra
Posts in topic: 5

Post by jmra »

Pug wrote:
jmra wrote:
v-rog wrote:no offense ment, but this story is very hard to believe.
I agree. Why would the guy have the gun out. It's not like he was buying a part that he needed to ensure a proper fit like a holster. I can't believe anyone would be dumb enough to think they could buy ammo and load it at the counter. This just doesn't make sense.
Frankly, whether you believe it or not is your choice. It happened, and your disbelief won't change the facts. It's a shame that you felt the need to make a stink about it, but your "opinion" has been heard...for whatever that's worth.

BTW, I can't believe that a guy would point a loaded .22 to his head and pull the trigger (viewtopic.php?f=26&t=46352" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;) -- but my disblief does not change the fact that he is dead from a self-inflicted gunshot wound.
So it's ok for you to state that you can't believe something even though it happened, but if I say the same thing I'm "running at the mouth"? Sounds like a double standard, Pug.
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

Keith B
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Keith B »

OK folks, keep this civil or the thread will be locked. :nono:

And Pug, hopefully your son reported this to the manager. It is important that they know these types of things went on. And if he knows who handles the security video, maybe there is a possibility they could provide a clip of the incident that could be posted and we could all see it if it was in range of a camera.
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

Topic author
Pug

Post by Pug »

Keith B wrote:And Pug, hopefully your son reported this to the manager. It is important that they know these types of things went on. And if he knows who handles the security video, maybe there is a possibility they could provide a clip of the incident that could be posted and we could all see it if it was in range of a camera.
He did report it, though I did not think to ask about video.

v-rog

Post by v-rog »

Could you please clarify what you mean by "keeping this civil?"
Keith B wrote:OK folks, keep this civil or the thread will be locked. :nono:

And Pug, hopefully your son reported this to the manager. It is important that they know these types of things went on. And if he knows who handles the security video, maybe there is a possibility they could provide a clip of the incident that could be posted and we could all see it if it was in range of a camera.
_____________________________________________________________________________________

Keith B

Post by Keith B »

v-rog wrote:Could you please clarify what you mean by "keeping this civil?"

That means no personal attacks and discuss your differences in a civil manner. You can debate, but it must be in a business like manner.
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

VoiceofReason
Banned
Posts in topic: 1

Post by VoiceofReason »

SQLGeek wrote:One thing I've learned in my short life: don't underestimate the level of stupidity people are capable of reaching.

Edit: Fixed my spelling.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein
God Bless America, and please hurry.
When I was young I knew all the answers. When I got older I started to realize I just hadn’t quite understood the questions.-Me

v-rog

Post by v-rog »

OK, my question is more specific in nature. Could you please identify what part of the last several posts that are not civil? For instance, Is it not civil for me to say, "no offense meant, but this is hard for me to believe"or saying, "Wow, that is quite a reaction! Reasonable minds can disagree.'

Maybe this, "Frankly, whether you believe it or not is your choice. It happened, and your disbelief won't change the facts. It's a shame that you felt the need to make a stink about it, but your "opinion" has been heard...for whatever that's worth.BTW, I can't believe that a guy would point a loaded .22 to his head and pull the trigger (viewtopic.php?f=26&t=46352) -- but my disblief does not change the fact that he is dead from a self-inflicted gunshot wound."

Or maybe this, "No skin issues here bud. But I don't run off at the mouth questioning the veracity of someone else's post simply because it doesn't fit my snug little definition of real."

Keith B wrote:
v-rog wrote:Could you please clarify what you mean by "keeping this civil?"

That means no personal attacks and discuss your differences in a civil manner. You can debate, but it must be in a business like manner.

texanron
Posts in topic: 2

Post by texanron »

Walk away fellas...just walk away.
12/17/2010 CHL
5/21/2012 non-resident CHL

Keith B

Post by Keith B »

Topic is locked.
Keith

Excaliber
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Excaliber »

VoiceofReason wrote:
SQLGeek wrote:One thing I've learned in my short life: don't underestimate the level of stupidity people are capable of reaching.

Edit: Fixed my spelling.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein
Gotta add that to my repertoire of quotes on tap. Thanks!
Excaliber

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Jeff Cooper
I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of my posts should be construed as legal or professional advice.

Return to “Never Again!!”