Bwaaaa haaaa haaaa...the stupid shall be punished!

So that others may learn.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Medic624
Posts in topic: 1

Bwaaaa haaaa haaaa...the stupid shall be punished!

Post by Medic624 »

This guys phone calls 911 at the worst (for him) possible time...ha ha ha :cheers2:

http://www.gainesvilletimes.com/archives/50641/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam (AMDG)
It is impossible to rightly govern a nation without God and the Bible.
George Washington

jimlongley
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Bwaaaa haaaa haaaa...the stupid shall be punished!

Post by jimlongley »

Unfortunately, not a permanent removal from the gene pool, and I'll bet he's already complaining to his pals about how unfair, and planning the next one.
Real gun control, carrying 24/7/365

Middle Age Russ

Post by Middle Age Russ »

No doubt he will be complaining about rotten luck. If he has any sense at all, he may come to the conclusion that this was a warning about the direction his life was headed and begin making better decisions.
Russ
Stay aware and engaged. Awareness buys time; time buys options. Survival may require moving quickly past the Observe, Orient and Decide steps to ACT.
NRA Life Member, CRSO, Basic Pistol, PPITH & PPOTH Instructor, Texas 4-H Certified Pistol & Rifle Coach, Texas LTC Instructor

knotquiteawake

Post by knotquiteawake »

Thats scary (Like in Big Brother is watching you kind of way). How exactly did they know he was at the Waffle House unless they had access to the GPS on the phone? Triangulating with the cell towers doesn't get you that close.

i8godzilla

Post by i8godzilla »

knotquiteawake wrote:Thats scary (Like in Big Brother is watching you kind of way). How exactly did they know he was at the Waffle House unless they had access to the GPS on the phone? Triangulating with the cell towers doesn't get you that close.
Enhanced 911 gets them really close. Location data can also be sent from the phone to the PSAP if the PSAP is equipped to receive it. On most mobile phones, even if you turn-off the sharing of location data some devices will send it on E911 regardless of the phone setting.

Normally, this is a good thing. Think about needing emergency services on the side of the road and not knowing what the name of the road is or the mile marker. However, privacy advocates believe that the phone user should still be able to control the location data information regardless if it is an E911 call or not.

There has been some press recently about iPhones automatically sharing location data. That was followed up by some Android and R.I.M. (Blackberry) devices also doing the same. Some applications that are loaded on these devices automatically override the user setting. Some with user consent some without.

BTW: I was doing triangulation back in the 70s and early 80s with targets located thousands of miles away. We could get within 100m sometimes even closer depending on the number of locations that were able to report azimuth information. We even used single site location by determining the angle of the signal as it bounced off the ionosphere, using simple geometry we could locate within 50m.
No State shall convert a liberty into a privilege, license it, and charge a fee therefor. -- Murdock v. Pennsylvania
If the State converts a right into a privilege, the citizen can ignore the license and fee and engage in the right with impunity. -- Shuttleworth v. City of Birmingham

jimlongley
Posts in topic: 2

Post by jimlongley »

i8godzilla wrote:BTW: I was doing triangulation back in the 70s and early 80s with targets located thousands of miles away. We could get within 100m sometimes even closer depending on the number of locations that were able to report azimuth information. We even used single site location by determining the angle of the signal as it bounced off the ionosphere, using simple geometry we could locate within 50m.
Fox hunting on ham radio with compasses and topo maps, and we were able to find hidden transmitters regularly.
Real gun control, carrying 24/7/365

mamabearCali

Post by mamabearCali »

Gotta say that is pretty rotten luck. Maybe just maybe this can be a wake up call to not do stupid stuff anymore.
SAHM to four precious children. Wife to a loving husband.

"The women of this country learned long ago those without swords can still die upon them!" Eowyn in LOTR Two Towers

RPB
Banned

Post by RPB »

jimlongley wrote:
i8godzilla wrote:BTW: I was doing triangulation back in the 70s and early 80s with targets located thousands of miles away. We could get within 100m sometimes even closer depending on the number of locations that were able to report azimuth information. We even used single site location by determining the angle of the signal as it bounced off the ionosphere, using simple geometry we could locate within 50m.
Fox hunting on ham radio with compasses and topo maps, and we were able to find hidden transmitters regularly.
Back when CBs had to get licenses, even they had "rabbit hunts" in cars all over Houston streets, before it became a fad
I'm no lawyer

"Never show your hole card" "Always have something in reserve"

Dragonfighter

Post by Dragonfighter »

Middle Age Russ wrote:No doubt he will be complaining about rotten luck. If he has any sense at all, he may come to the conclusion that this was a warning about the direction his life was headed and begin making better decisions.
I ran on a guy who had been shot in the head dealing drugs. There was a fist sized chunk of cerebrum on the concrete. I was actually assessing the others when he spoke! He was lucid, said he couldn't see and that his head hurt :roll:

We hauled him in and the ER doc said he probably wouldn't make it because of brain stem swelling. Four months later I picked up a sick kid and had mom with me. We started talking about her neighborhood and I brought this fellow up.

She said, "Oh, you mean Billy _______ ."
I said, "Yup, I suppose he didn't make it."
"Oh yes he did, he walks with a limp but that's it."
"Well hopefully he learned from it."
"Nope, he's still out doing the same stuff."

My point is, when you are that stupid self improvement is not likely.
I Thess 5:21
Disclaimer: IANAL, IANYL, IDNPOOTV, IDNSIAHIE and IANROFL
"There is no situation so bad that you can't make it worse." - Chris Hadfield, NASA ISS Astronaut

Return to “Never Again!!”