So that others may learn.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
catdaddyxx
Posts in topic: 2

Pulled my first bonehead yesterday

Post by catdaddyxx »

Short story:

I went to Wally World to pick up some medicine like I do on a frequent basis. The lady at the counter asked for my drivers license. So I whip out my wallet, reach into the DL pocket and hand her the license, just like I have done coutless times before. Not a second thought. Then she says. "It's awsome that you have this and that you are legal. But I need your OTHER license. Of course, in my haste I had handed her my CCL. :roll:
Nothing bad happened of course. I'm just glad she wasn't some anti-gun freakshow.

sugar land dave
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Pulled my first bonehead yesterday

Post by sugar land dave »

Fortunately, as you saw, the world did not end. It happens, but hopefully not too often. Concealment is an advantage that should not be given away.
DPS Received Forms- 1/18/11 Online Status - 1/27/11 My Mailbox - 2/12/11
NRA Life Member

Dub

Post by Dub »

Interesting that she would not accept a CHL as positive ID. Issued by the same state entity with the same information thereon. Go figure....
Dub

J Wilson

Post by J Wilson »

My bank asked me for another form of ID.When I showed her my CCL,she said that wasn't good enough.After explaining the CCL was a lot harder to get,she still wouldn't back down.What she ended up taking was a Master Card with NO picture.No wonder some people are un-employed.
The next time I went in the manager and I had a real serious talk about doing business there.I bet the next person that shows a CCL will be greeted with open arms.

Topic author
catdaddyxx

Post by catdaddyxx »

It's one of those meds that contain ephedrine so she needed my DL number for the computer.

ddurkof

Post by ddurkof »

catdaddyxx wrote:It's one of those meds that contain ephedrine so she needed my DL number for the computer.
My wife has the same problem. She was prescribed a medication that had ephedrine in it and all was well. Then the insurance company decided that OTC ephedrine and some other OTC medication did the same thing, so they quit paying for it, which wasn't very much and then the drug company quit making it. So the only way she can get this combination of drugs for her allergies is to by the two components was to but the ephedrine separately. The problem comes in that she can only get enough of the ephedrine for like 25 to 28 days. So once a month I go in and joke with the pharmacist that I am there for my meth precursors. She laughs and asks how much I want. Since there are restrictions I get the max so I don't have to play this dog and pony show very often.

Meth heads have no issue getting meth, so I don't believe that it has been that successful of a program, but I may be wrong. For the law abiding citizen it is a pain in the tail.

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

J Wilson wrote:My bank asked me for another form of ID.When I showed her my CCL,she said that wasn't good enough.After explaining the CCL was a lot harder to get,she still wouldn't back down.What she ended up taking was a Master Card with NO picture.No wonder some people are un-employed.
The next time I went in the manager and I had a real serious talk about doing business there.I bet the next person that shows a CCL will be greeted with open arms.
My bank needed a second photo ID to set up my LLC business account. I showed the gal my CHL and said that I hoped she wasn't bothered by it. She said, heck no, everybody should have one of these. I knew I was at the right place.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

BigDaddyMac

Post by BigDaddyMac »

If all they want is the DL#, that's on the CHL.
Life is uncertain, eat dessert first.

BigDaddyMac

NRA/TSRA/GOA

sjfcontrol

Post by sjfcontrol »

The Annoyed Man wrote: My bank needed a second photo ID to set up my LLC business account. I showed the gal my CHL and said that I hoped she wasn't bothered by it. She said, heck no, everybody should have one of these. I knew I was at the right place.
TAM -- what bank was that?
Range Rule: "The front gate lock is not an acceptable target."
Never Forget. Image

knotquiteawake

Post by knotquiteawake »

I just opened an account at Texans Credit Union here. My second form of ID was my CHL, the lady didn't really bat an eye other than to say she hadn't seen too many of them. I was of course carrying but there were no questions or looks or anything. In fact, as a testament to possibly her not even understanding what the CHL was she asked "oh, do you guys own any guns?..... OH, you don't have to answer that if you don't want to!!" It kind of came off a bit awkward but apparently she was actually asking because her husband has a LOT of guns and she can't stand firing them and was asking to see if my Wife ever shoots. Texans Credit Union lists CHL as a valid secondary form of ID right on the account application.

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

sjfcontrol wrote:
The Annoyed Man wrote: My bank needed a second photo ID to set up my LLC business account. I showed the gal my CHL and said that I hoped she wasn't bothered by it. She said, heck no, everybody should have one of these. I knew I was at the right place.
TAM -- what bank was that?
Bank of the West, Grapevine.....the main branch on the NE corner of Main St and Northwest Hwy.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

CEOofEVIL

Post by CEOofEVIL »

No worries, I did the same thing a few weeks back while picking up some Sam Adams Oktoberfest at my local liquor store. I reached into my wallet, pulled out what I though was my ID and handed it to they clerk. After a few seconds of her looking at it, I was starting to wonder what the problem was. She just looked at me and said "Sorry, since this looks a bit different than the drivers liscense it just took me awhile to find your birthday" and handed it back to me smiling like it wasn't and issue. It was until she said that that I realized I had handed her the wrong ID. Ooops!

Aside from feeling awfully embarrassed with my self for few minutes, nothing bad happened. She had no issue taking my CHL as a state issued ID, and furthermore didn't seem the least bit disturbed the the incident.

I'm certainly not going to make handing my CHL in place of my DL a habit, but alas accidents happen.

74novaman

Post by 74novaman »

The Annoyed Man wrote:
J Wilson wrote:My bank asked me for another form of ID.When I showed her my CCL,she said that wasn't good enough.After explaining the CCL was a lot harder to get,she still wouldn't back down.What she ended up taking was a Master Card with NO picture.No wonder some people are un-employed.
My bank needed a second photo ID to set up my LLC business account. I showed the gal my CHL and said that I hoped she wasn't bothered by it. She said, heck no, everybody should have one of these. I knew I was at the right place.
Did that at Wells Fargo too. The guy not only liked the fact I had one, but carried himself. We had about a 10 minute conversation on guns and cars. :cool:
TANSTAAFL

Bonc_CHL

Post by Bonc_CHL »

I have used my CHL at a local CVS to buy some allergy meds, they tried to swipe my DL and the strip is to worn to work. So they get all frustrated because they have to type in everything by hand, so seeing the frustration on the cashiers face I said "here try this" she tried and it worked. She goes "I will have to remember that". Now that is not something I would just hand over to any old random cashier, but in this case I wanted my meds and to get up outta there and with no others in line behind me figured what the heck.
Just thought I would toss it out there, I know some will disagree with what I did but o'well.
Springfield XD40 Sub-compact
S&W Model 37

austin-tatious

Post by austin-tatious »

Even in Los Angeles, Kalifornia.

I was checking into a hotel at LAX. Misplaced my TX DL. So I handed my CHL to the girl behind the check-in desk and asked if she would accept it for picture ID. Lo and behold, I was good to go. :txflag:

Return to “Never Again!!”