sobering read for those who carry concealed...

So that others may learn.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B, Charles L. Cotton

wconn33
Posts in topic: 1

Re: sobering read for those who carry concealed...

Post by wconn33 »

I researched the Gang listed and they were active in Memphis during 1998. Dunno if all of that is true but it does make you think.

After thinking about it though I do not see what I would have done any diffrent at all.
Pain is temporary, pride is forever.

iratollah
Posts in topic: 2

Re: sobering read for those who carry concealed...

Post by iratollah »

Dave2 wrote:Does that mean that I broke the 6th commandment when I was maybe 12 and locked the doctor out of his examining room and demanded to see his credentials before involuntarily allowing the nurse to give me my shot? Because I think my mom still gets a bit pale when that one comes up.
Well done for a 12 yr. old! Smart and gutsy. You raise an interesting question. More likely you broke the 5th commandment about honoring your parents since it sounds like your mother is the one who bore the greatest suffering as you were disrespectful and disobedient to her. Could probably ask two rabbis and get three opinions. (BTW, rabbi means 'judge', they help us understand and apply the laws.) Equally interesting, you were only 12 and you're not considered to have the religious and ethical responsibility of an adult until you are 13, so I'll have to investigate what if any of the 10C applied to you.

More thread drift: Non-Jews need only follow 7 laws, not 10 to gain admission to heaven. And of the 7 (Noahide Laws), a couple aren't even part of the 10C.

Back OT, I think the original post in this thread is a very well written work of fiction which nevertheless remains an interesting parable.
it's socially unacceptable to be ahead of your time.
L'Olam Lo - Never Again

Return to “Never Again!!”