Bad Assailant, bad...

So that others may learn.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
TLE2
Posts in topic: 1

Bad Assailant, bad...

Post by TLE2 »

I didn't see this story here on a search, but I've seen it several other places. I don't know if its real or apocryphal, but it fits into "Never Again".
Assailant suffers injuries from 'fall'
Special to The Police News

May 20, 2011
AUGUSTA, GA - Orville Smith, a store manager for Best Buy in Augusta, Ga. told police he observed a customer, later identified as Tyrone Jackson of Augusta, on surveillance cameras putting a laptop computer under his jacket. When confronted the man became irate, knocked down an employee, drew a knife and ran for the door.
Outside on the sidewalk were four Marines collecting toys for the Toys for Tots program. Smith said the Marines stopped the man, but he stabbed one of them, Cpt. Phillip Duggan, in the back; the injury did not appear to be severe.
After police and an ambulance arrived at the scene, Cpt. Duggan was taken for treatment.
"The subject was also transported to the local hospital with two broken arms, a broken ankle, a broken leg, several missing teeth, possible broken ribs, multiple contusions, assorted lacerations, a broken nose and a broken jaw ..... injuries he sustained when he slipped and fell off the curb after stabbing the Marine," according to a police report.
Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes... (Jefferson quoting Beccaria)

... tyrants accomplish their purposes ...by disarming the people, and making it an offense to keep arms. - Supreme Court Justice Joseph Story, 1840

apostate

Re: Bad Assailant, bad...

Post by apostate »

TLE2 wrote:I didn't see this story here on a search, but I've seen it several other places.
Here they are. ;-) viewtopic.php?f=83&t=47761" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; viewtopic.php?f=83&t=45042" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Jumping Frog

Post by Jumping Frog »

Snopes debunks it.
-Just call me Bob . . . Texas Firearms Coalition, NRA Life member, TSRA Life member, and OFCC Patron member

This froggie ain't boiling! Shall not be infringed! Μολών Λαβέ

longtooth

Post by longtooth »

still a good read & chuckle. :tiphat:
Carry 24-7 or guess right.
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA/TSRA Life Member - TFC Member #11

Crossfire

Post by Crossfire »

This is a duplicate thread, so this one will be locked. Please comment in the other one.
viewtopic.php?f=83&t=47761 viewtopic.php?f=83&t=45042
Texas LTC Instructor, FFL, IdentoGO Fingerprinting Partner
http://www.Crossfire-Training.com

Return to “Never Again!!”