CHL License at Airport

So that others may learn.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B, Charles L. Cotton

bkj
Posts in topic: 1

Re: CHL License at Airport

Post by bkj »

Your CHL is not an excepted ID. Who took your photo? Who submitted all your paperwork? On my CHL there is absolutely no check that I am who it says I am. That is why you are required to carry you DL with your CHL. With the scanned fingerprints there is some verification of true ID. But mine wear never scanned. And yes I do know about the voter ID law. Voting will be the only place you can use your CHL as ID.
"When seconds count the police are minutes away" Nikki Goeser

“Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority…They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters.” Noah Webster

speedsix
Posts in topic: 5

Post by speedsix »

...regardless of the new specialized voting law's position, here is Texas' official position...until they change it:

http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/internetfo ... /DL-17.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

...and here's where we worked it out earlier this year: viewtopic.php?f=18&t=45772" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

...CHL is considered ONLY a supporting document by Texas until they change it...IF the elections ID law goes into effect, it won't automatically change it for anything else...or we could say that everything else accepted for voting will become approved ID for all purposes, too...the law doesn't say that...just for voting...

mlawler
Posts in topic: 1

Post by mlawler »

Fry's Electronics keeps asking for ID with credit card purchases (even when you use it as a debit w/ PIN!!). I tried to argue with them, but they insisted. Got a chuckle out of seeing the punk kids eyes bulge when I flashed the CHL! :lol:

Return to “Never Again!!”