Loaded magazine briefly exposed

So that others may learn.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B, Charles L. Cotton

jimlongley
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Loaded magazine briefly exposed

Post by jimlongley »

I was wearing my magazines in a Citizen's Police Academy class, the head instructor made a comment, but confirmed it was legal.
Real gun control, carrying 24/7/365

Heartland Patriot

Post by Heartland Patriot »

rp_photo wrote:At my last photo shoot, I put a 15 round Glock 19 magazine in the camera bag, and at one point it tumbled out when I was taking out some other equipment while the bag was on the ground.

I immediately picked it up and put it back before anyone noticed, but had anyone seen it would it have been considered a brandish?
Once again, someone just HAD to push my buzzer, didn't they? THERE IS NO SUCH THING IN TEXAS PENAL CODE AS "BRANDISHING". It does NOT exist in this state. That word is for King Mayor Bloomberg's NYC and his subjects, or similar places. Did you intentionally fail to conceal your weapon? If not, nothing happened. You had a piece of metal with some ammunition in it, neither of which are illegal to have in your possession, assuming you aren't a felon IIRC, in the State of Texas. Some Nervous Nelly type might get a case of the vapors, but they don't have any legal standing to the best of my knowledge. If I am wrong, I'm sure someone on here WILL quote penal code and set me straight.

(Edited to add apology; that word is my pet peeve. Sorry I got so wound up.)

johnson0317

Post by johnson0317 »

Wowser! No, no foul and no penalty.

Just don't brandish like that again.

sorry, Heartland :lol:
CHL Received 5/16/11
Proud Member NRA
Proud Member Texas Concealed Handgun Association
Proud Member Second Amendment Foundation
Proud Member of The Truth Squad founded by Tom Gresham. "A lie left unchallenged becomes the truth"

Mike1951

Post by Mike1951 »

Heartland Patriot wrote:
rp_photo wrote:At my last photo shoot, I put a 15 round Glock 19 magazine in the camera bag, and at one point it tumbled out when I was taking out some other equipment while the bag was on the ground.

I immediately picked it up and put it back before anyone noticed, but had anyone seen it would it have been considered a brandish?
Once again, someone just HAD to push my buzzer, didn't they? THERE IS NO SUCH THING IN TEXAS PENAL CODE AS "BRANDISHING". It does NOT exist in this state. That word is for King Mayor Bloomberg's NYC and his subjects, or similar places. Did you intentionally fail to conceal your weapon? If not, nothing happened. You had a piece of metal with some ammunition in it, neither of which are illegal to have in your possession, assuming you aren't a felon IIRC, in the State of Texas. Some Nervous Nelly type might get a case of the vapors, but they don't have any legal standing to the best of my knowledge. If I am wrong, I'm sure someone on here WILL quote penal code and set me straight.

(Edited to add apology; that word is my pet peeve. Sorry I got so wound up.)
You didn't react as strongly as txinvestigator would have.
Mike
AF5MS
TSRA Life Member
NRA Benefactor Member

longtooth
Posts in topic: 3

Post by longtooth »

Mercy, you sure said that right.
Carry 24-7 or guess right.
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA/TSRA Life Member - TFC Member #11

karl

Post by karl »

I dropped my mag at the shop once and my coworker shouted, "What are you doing with bullets!?". I brushed it off saying something about having been to the range the day before and must have left it iny pocket.

He ate my excuse up and never mentioned it again. A white lie never hurt anyone.
The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions, that I wish it to be always kept alive. It will often be exercised when wrong, but better so than not to be exercised at all. I like a little rebellion now and then. It is like a storm in the atmosphere. -Thomas Jefferson

Heartland Patriot

Post by Heartland Patriot »

johnson0317 wrote:Wowser! No, no foul and no penalty.

Just don't brandish like that again.

sorry, Heartland :lol:
Yeah, yeah...I don't know what it is about that word but when I hear it... :blowup

Return to “Never Again!!”