Does Your SO Give Out Too Much Info?

So that others may learn.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B, Charles L. Cotton

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Does Your SO Give Out Too Much Info?

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

Oldgringo wrote:
The Annoyed Man wrote:Well, to each his own. OTH, I live in a nice quiet crime-free neighborhood. Also, my wife is the silent one and I'm the chatty one. But there are things I won't talk about with a total stranger.....my gun collection or my CHL, for instance.

That said, if you whistled at my wife to call her in, she'd kick your butt when she got inside for disrespecting her like that. Whistling to call someone over is for your hunting dogs. You do it to your wife/girlfriend, and you get what you deserve........

........just my 2¢. Your mileage may vary.
TAM's right as usual. You should have got in your vehicle and honked the horn...a lot. "rlol" :smilelol5: "rlol"
This! :iagree:

Lambda Force
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Lambda Force »

My girlfriend would probably be offended if I stopped whistling at her.
Tyranny is identified by what is legal for government employees but illegal for the citizenry.

RECIT

Post by RECIT »

Yeah I would get the finger at first, but IF I whistled my wife would know something was up! She may not be happy with me, but if I had a reason to I would I guess. I too am the chatty one. My wife is very private and reserved especially with strangers.
"I am a Free Man, regardless of what set of 'rules' surround me. When I find them tolerable, I tolerate them. When I find them obnoxious, I ignore them. I remain free, because I know and understand that I alone bear full responsibility for everything I do, or chose not to do."

Oldgringo
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Oldgringo »

Lambda Force wrote:My girlfriend would probably be offended if I stopped whistling at her.
Pictures?

03Lightningrocks

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

Oldgringo wrote:
Lambda Force wrote:My girlfriend would probably be offended if I stopped whistling at her.
Pictures?

"rlol" "rlol"

aggie06

Post by aggie06 »

My girlfriend used to tell people about my CHL. I think she has finally learned not to do so. I never whistled at her, but I was very clear that no one should ever know I have a CHL.

Oldgringo
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Oldgringo »

aggie06 wrote:My girlfriend used to tell people about my CHL. I think she has finally learned not to do so. I never whistled at her, but I was very clear that no one should ever know I have a CHL.
You think...? These wimmen have to be kept in their place. You might oughta' be thinkin' about puttin' your foot down. Read 'em :rules: .

PS:
:rolll

mgood

Post by mgood »

I have a friend I went to high school with who now lives hundreds of miles away in the DFW area. I used to freak him out, when we hadn't talked in months, by saying that I hear you're now back working at such and such making this much money and you're buying a house for this much money, etc.
He was like "WHERE are you getting all this information?!?!"
I was not stalking him or anything. But he was a bit too talkative.
He would tell his buddy, who would tell this woman back home who had been a high school teacher to both of them and who they stay in contact with. This teacher is one of my mom's best friends. So I got all the details of his life, fourth hand, and repeated back to him what I'd heard. It always amazed him how this personal information got around. :roll: We went to school in a small town where everyone knows everyone else's business, small enough that you recognize most of the cars in the grocery store parking lot, can name the owners and know where they live and where they work and whether or not their kids are trouble in school, etc. I've had a couple of talks with my mom about telling people things about me that I thought were none of their business. People would ask her where I am now and what I'm doing, just making friendly small talk, and she'd tell them more than I was confortable with.

stevie_d_64

Post by stevie_d_64 »

Ain't Love grand!!!

I can see this from the perspective of the concerned "S.O.", in that there is a fundamental change in the way we interact with our nieghbors and folks we do business with either face to face, or online, etc etc etc...

You can't really trust anyone anymore these days with your information, personal or professional...Public forums like this are also a little risky...Some of us know one another through meetings, family days at the range or conventions, shows and other events where we have agreed to meet and talk shop, and enjoy each others mutual interests on the issue to why we are here these days...

I think we need to be more guarded with our personal information these days, almost to not interacting with anyone outside the walls and doors to our homes...that's unfortunate, but we did not create that environment, and the O.P. is right on the money to a point...I would not chastise my significant other, just because they are chatty with folks...I would be really diplomatic about it form a standpoint of concern for their and our safety...No one needs to completely know our business...

And those chatty social websites, in my opinion, are to blame for the lack of containment of our lives and activities, much less our opinions on issues...

Those folks that need to know details about ourselves are certainly still good for that info...There is just no need for the rest of the world, that do not know you personally, to know yer bidness...

But, as usual, this is just my opinion...
"Perseverance and Preparedness triumph over Procrastination and Paranoia every time.” -- Steve
NRA - Life Member
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
Μολών λαβέ!

Purplehood

Post by Purplehood »

I am just trying to figure out how you can tell Aliens apart...illegal, legal. Even Arizona doesn't quite have that down pat yet.
Life NRA
USMC 76-93
USAR 99-07 (Retired)
OEF 06-07

Keith B

Post by Keith B »

Purplehood wrote:I am just trying to figure out how you can tell Aliens apart....
Martians are green; Venusians are purple. Duh!! :biggrinjester:
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

gigag04

Post by gigag04 »

I think you're paranoid...

and if you really whistled...brave...or...
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. - Thomas Edison

Rockeroo80

Post by Rockeroo80 »

[quoteI told her that id seen a bunch of what i thought were illegal aliens over there and i dont want them knowing anything about us.
][/quote]

How in the world did you know they were illegal?
"If you fail to prepare, you are preparing to fail "

CheckonChico

Post by CheckonChico »

Rockeroo80 wrote:
I told her that id seen a bunch of what i thought were illegal aliens over there and i dont want them knowing anything about us.
How in the world did you know they were illegal?
:iagree:

Longshot38

Post by Longshot38 »

Damn fine training right there. I have never had a GF that had the recall command down that well. But then again I have made it a point not to keep them around long enough for training to be an issue :biggrinjester: .

Return to “Never Again!!”