Accident At Reds Gun Range

So that others may learn.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B, Charles L. Cotton

DocV
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Accident At Reds Gun Range

Post by DocV »

android wrote: It happens a few times a year and I personally think it's in poor taste to question the employees about it. I'm sure they just want to put it behind them.
I am certain they would want it behind them. OTOH, debriefing the employees following such traumatic events can serve the purpose of determining how they are dealing with the trauma and can give them the opportunity to talk about the event in a controlled setting. Best to have folks how are trained to identify and evaluate how people are handling their experience rather than waiting for PTSD kick in when they are away from a support group.

boomerd35

Post by boomerd35 »

It really sucks that you never hear the final details about range accidents. If it was some safety lapse, that would be information I would be interested in (either something the range employees didn't do or could do better, or something the victim could have done better, or just something to remind me "Yeah, I need to be more careful about that"). If it was a suicide just say so and then there's not much more to say. But it's all dictated by lawyers and lawsuits anyway. I wouldn't say anything either if it was my range.

Lugnut

Post by Lugnut »

boomerd35 wrote:It really sucks that you never hear the final details about range accidents. If it was some safety lapse, that would be information I would be interested in (either something the range employees didn't do or could do better, or something the victim could have done better, or just something to remind me "Yeah, I need to be more careful about that"). If it was a suicide just say so and then there's not much more to say. But it's all dictated by lawyers and lawsuits anyway. I wouldn't say anything either if it was my range.
:iagree:

It's kind of morbid to talk about, but whether accident or intentional, it presents a learning opportunity.

Return to “Never Again!!”