SAPD: Homeowner guns down suspected burglar

So that others may learn.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B, Charles L. Cotton

mamabearCali
Posts in topic: 1

Re: SAPD: Homeowner guns down suspected burglar

Post by mamabearCali »

Holy Cow! They came back?!! So now what? Does anyone here have suggestion for what to do next?
SAHM to four precious children. Wife to a loving husband.

"The women of this country learned long ago those without swords can still die upon them!" Eowyn in LOTR Two Towers

speedsix
Posts in topic: 8

Post by speedsix »

...reload...

g31357

Post by g31357 »

I would hate to have to be in a gun fight with 2 robbers that have assualt rifles and all i have is a hand gun.

philip964

Post by philip964 »

The homeowner was entirely within his rights to defend himself inside his home at night and kill the attackers. I assume no one is disputing this.

Now what is interesting are the results. Multiple heavily armed intruders, neutralized by one shotgun. This fits the pattern one of the charts previously made by a poster about lethality of weapons and bullets going from a .22 to a shotgun. A shotgun in this chart if I remember was almost 100% lethal with just one shot. Here we have one dead and one very nearly dead.

johnson0317

Post by johnson0317 »

speedsix wrote:...reload...
I have read, and appreciated this comment, several times. I keep forgetting to mention it. It may sound a little funny, and it really is, but it is also a word of wisdom.

RJ
CHL Received 5/16/11
Proud Member NRA
Proud Member Texas Concealed Handgun Association
Proud Member Second Amendment Foundation
Proud Member of The Truth Squad founded by Tom Gresham. "A lie left unchallenged becomes the truth"

SQLGeek

Post by SQLGeek »

I know this is older but it is still on the first page so I figured I'd comment.

I've seen many antis, such as friends on Facebook and in real life exclaim "Why does anybody need an assault rifle for defense?"

This is one scenario where it can help even the odds a bit. 2 on 1 is still bad odds but a carbine with a few 30 round mags on hand sure helps. Thankfully the shotgun and the home owner's mindset to survive were both up to the task.

Has there been any further followup to this story?
Psalm 91:2

Return to “Never Again!!”