SAPD: Homeowner guns down suspected burglar

So that others may learn.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B, Charles L. Cotton

alphonso
Posts in topic: 3

Re: SAPD: Homeowner guns down suspected burglar

Post by alphonso »

[quote="thedeceiver

You're also assuming the homeowner has done nothing wrong and that he was just a victim of a "random" home invasion...

I[/quote]

Yes, I'm assuming the homeonwer has done nothing wrong. That's how we do it in America...

Kabong30
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Kabong30 »

There's just so many variables. Maybe holiday trash attracted them. Maybe co-workers or something. Just no way to know. I don't doubt though that these people must have had some previous contact with the victim or his family.

saltydog452
Posts in topic: 1

Post by saltydog452 »

Looks like the original poster of the thread is auditioning for a spot on the local CBS News team. The title of 'Homeowner Guns Down...' sure is an attention grabber. The perception of 'gunning down' would seem to sell more ink/air time than something like 'Homeowner Defends Self'.

salty

speedsix
Posts in topic: 8

Post by speedsix »

...not fair nor correct...that's the title of the video...OP just reported it...we all report things here that were worded by others...and maybe not to our liking...we can't fault him for reporting it as it came to him...you know how the Internet is...

thedeceiver

Post by thedeceiver »

alphonso wrote:
Yes, I'm assuming the homeonwer has done nothing wrong. That's how we do it in America...
I'm not on the jury so I don't have to give him the presumption of innocence, even though he clearly is if we look at the Castle Doctrine alone. I'm just questioning why someone would "randomly" kick in someone's door when the person is home and the perpetrator is armed with an AR15. That's not exactly a typical driving around gun for riff raff. It's conspicuous, expensive, large, more difficult to operate (relative to a handgun), probably a good degree louder over all.

speedsix

Post by speedsix »

...criminals often get a substantial discount...and he might have even gotten it for Christmas from his uncle Eric...never know...

apostate

Post by apostate »

thedeceiver wrote:That's not exactly a typical driving around gun for riff raff. It's conspicuous, expensive, large, more difficult to operate (relative to a handgun), probably a good degree louder over all.
http://www.click2houston.com/news/Maske ... lxcujcz/-/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

alphonso

Post by alphonso »

thedeceiver wrote:...That's not exactly a typical driving around gun for riff raff. It's conspicuous, expensive, large, more difficult to operate (relative to a handgun), probably a good degree louder over all.
All guns cost the same if you steal 'em...

speedsix

Post by speedsix »

...it's not about the weapon, it's about the man who used it...he would have used a .22 rifle, if that's all he had...weapon of opportunity...same with the defending homeowner...you reach for whatever you have...now if he'd set up a light machine gun outside the homeowner's door, you might be justified in saying something...

Topic author
pbwalker
Posts in topic: 2

Post by pbwalker »

saltydog452 wrote:Looks like the original poster of the thread is auditioning for a spot on the local CBS News team. The title of 'Homeowner Guns Down...' sure is an attention grabber. The perception of 'gunning down' would seem to sell more ink/air time than something like 'Homeowner Defends Self'.

salty
While I appreciate you taking time out of your busy day to reply, you are wrong. I copied and pasted the title from the article, as it was written, last Wednesday.

Thanks for playing though...
*NRA Endowment Member* | Veteran
Vote Adam Kraut for the NRA Board of Directors - http://www.adamkraut.com/

NavAir

Post by NavAir »

It ain't over yet:

http://www.woai.com/news/local/story/Re ... tSTIw.cspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Terrible thing to have to establish a defensive perimeter around your house, but if that's what is required...

ThunderChip

Post by ThunderChip »

They have shot up the house 3 times already. The home invaders were part of a small gang. I work with a high number of gang members on a daily basis who give out some crazy info.

F4injected

Post by F4injected »

ThunderChip wrote:They have shot up the house 3 times already. The home invaders were part of a small gang. I work with a high number of gang members on a daily basis who give out some crazy info.

I wouldn't say that things like this would prevent me from stopping a BG from invading my home, but it does bring about the need to be prepared to handle the repercussions, known or unknown, that will come of using deadly force; regardless if it was justified or not.

VeeTee

Post by VeeTee »

Quote by Speed Six:
"...criminals often get a substantial discount...and he might have even gotten it for Christmas from his uncle Eric...never know..."

Ooooh... catty... I love it!
"Can't we all just get along?" - Rodney King

RHenriksen

Post by RHenriksen »

ThunderChip wrote:They have shot up the house 3 times already. The home invaders were part of a small gang. I work with a high number of gang members on a daily basis who give out some crazy info.
Boy, that is seriously grim news. I feel for the homeowner.
I'll quit carrying a gun when they make murder and armed robbery illegal

Houston Technology Consulting
soup-to-nuts IT infrastructure design, deployment, and support for SMBs

Return to “Never Again!!”