ND-Inside my house

So that others may learn.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B, Charles L. Cotton

strider67
Posts in topic: 2

Re: ND-Inside my house

Post by strider67 »

johnson0317 wrote:
strider67 wrote:Haven't been on the Forum much lately...glad to hear everyone was ok! I'm sure your brother will come back around...
Yeah, noticed you had not been around. Please come and play with us more often!
RJ
Thanks RJ! I truly appreciate it. I'm self-employed and have been working 11, 12, 13, 14...hour days for the last few weeks. The Good Lord has given me a whole lot of work lately, so I have been wearing the overalls in gigag04's sigline! I'll be out in San Angelo in April and Snatchel and I were going to try to hook up, so I was just checking in to make sure his wife hasn't taken his pistolas away from him! :lol:
"When things look bad and it looks like you're not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean. I mean plum, mad-dog mean. Cuz' if you lose your head and you give up then you neither live nor win...that's just the way it is." - The Outlaw Josey Wales

mot7981
Posts in topic: 1

Post by mot7981 »

Thanks Snatchel. You bring up an excellent point we should always remember. No matter where the gun comes from (buddy, spouse, etc.) ALWAYS check it yourself. Also, around our house we go with the old carpenter's rule - measure twice, cut once. Always check twice. You'll only waste about 5 seconds of your day and that's not a bad investment. Very happy to hear everyone was ok and I hope your bro comes back around.

sivartdod

Post by sivartdod »

wow thats crazy, glad everything turned out ok.

shatnerglass

Post by shatnerglass »

This is EXACTLY how my best friend got shot in the groin with an AK-47. His buddy dropped the mag and didn't check the chamber. Before "J" could even say "check the chamber" the trigger was pulled.

He's still alive; it missed his femoral by ~4mm and shattered his Pelvis. This was 10 years ago. He's still suffering from it.

Be safe!

iratollah

Post by iratollah »

When someone hands me a firearm, even if I've witnessed them clearing it, I still check it myself. Handguns are mechanical devices, they may fail. How do you know the extractor isn't broken and failed to eject when your guest racked the slide? You must check for yourself. Period. No exceptions. If someone is offended that you checked the firearm immediately after they did, then they are the one being disrespectful.

Safety first, safety last, safety always.
it's socially unacceptable to be ahead of your time.
L'Olam Lo - Never Again

F4injected

Post by F4injected »

Thanks for sharing this! Stories like this help me remind myself to always check, no matter what. It even helps me explain why to other newer shooters who may handle a weapon.

Beiruty

Post by Beiruty »

I do not like striker-fired pistols, I like decoker, you need to drop the hammer after "clearing" the chamber, just use the decocker, not the the trigger. Trigger is only used when shooting your at your targets.
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

Return to “Never Again!!”